The Conservative Party

Let’s get this straight, it wasn’t “incompetence and misrule”, they meant to do it.
Good point, well made.
I was trying to account for a moral or ethical failure of rule for the good of the nation, and also the incompetence of Truss/Kwarteng but didn't bear in mind the possibility of purposeful disaster capitalism as a motive.

I respect your post and the reasons to strike but I don't fully agree with all of them to be honest.
We are just recovering from a pandemic and we have had the Ukraine war.
Eveyone is struggling, I've not had a pay rise for 3 years I have to get on with it or lose my job.
Love to know where people think the government can get the money from. The agenda here is from the unions trying to bring the government down.
The govt were quite happy to inflate the asset rich through the QE money tree for years. Also quite happy to squeeze everything else through austerity for a decade. This govt quite capable of bringing themselves down. The unions are doing their job in pushing for improved pay and conditions - nothing outlandish in what they’re asking for.

I’m a teacher, got to the top of the ‘normal’ teacher pay scale in 2012, think I earned just under £32k. Don’t want to move into leadership, just want to teach, so that’s where I’ve stayed. In September my salary was £36900. Not a huge jump over 10 years considering the massive hike in rent and everything else. I have 3 choices: put up with it & try and make do, hope that the unions will achieve their aim of fair pay, or piss off abroad where I can nearly double my salary… Option 3 is looking most likely now.

The govt has money and they choose where to spend it. The agenda is the unions trying to get them to spend some of it on their members.

I respect your post and the reasons to strike but I don't fully agree with all of them to be honest.
Eveyone is struggling, I've not had a pay rise for 3 years I have to get on with it or lose my job.
Love to know where people think the government can get the money from. The agenda here is from the unions trying to bring the government down.
And I respect yours but people are in shit-state, just like yourself but having a fallback of one voice gives them strength which will help you in the long-run as they can force change, one way or the other. If they don’t get what they think is right, the backlash of this will have repercussions in the GE and those that takeover won’t want the same so will go all out to appease them, even if they don’t agree.

Trust me when I say the government can choose to do whatever they want where money is concerned, these have chosen to move our money to themselves and devalue everything that the majority of the UK hold good.

The Unions are not the problem, the decisions that people have, and will make, are just causation of an extreme injustice that they‘ve been forced to fight back upon.

Last edited:
If interest rates fall, and energy prices and a couple of other bits, I fear that voters will begin to return to the Tory party. The next election is a long time away.....
They will end up voted back in power at the next election, the public love doffing their caps to the wealthy and ignoring decades of scandal and incompetence

They will end up voted back in power at the next election, the public love doffing their caps to the wealthy and ignoring decades of scandal and incompetence
Not a chance.

Wait, are people that thick or that rich? Getting back in would suggest that we’re all rich.

so we fight a proxy war leaving us militarily in a parlous state

The unions are not your enemy ..... your enemy are those with Private Jets , Rolls Royces , Country Homes and off shore bank accounts.

If you're made about strikes and using your 1% pay rise as the reason other people should just get on with it then the answer isn't less union action. Remember it's your money the government spends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.