The Conservative Party

so we fight a proxy war leaving us militarily in a parlous state

The whole point of proxy wars is they stop you having to fight real ones.

No one is helping Ukraine out of charity and good will. We are supporting them because it’s beneficial for the long term security of the UK.

Besides you seem to have missed the second half of the general’s sentence-

Giving away these capabilities will leave us temporarily weaker as an army, there is no denying it, but ensuring Russia's defeat in Ukraine makes us safer and, as a leading member of NATO, the world's most powerful defensive alliance, we are protected by the principle of collective defence."

I don’t think I saw the word “perilous” anywhere either - that’s your own concoction.

Last edited:
I don’t know which thread to post this in from an A&E doctor writing how bad the the health service has become for the staff.
People dying on trolleys in a corridor for some reason it won’t copy but he was wondering how we can generate change for the health service it must have been an internal letter for the Gwent hospital a doctor desperately needing change for the staff working in that hospital where my niece works

Last edited:
The whole point of proxy wars is they stop you having to fight real ones.

No one is helping Ukraine out of charity and good will. We are supporting them because it’s beneficial for the long term security of the UK.

Besides you seem to have missed the second half of the general’s sentence-

Giving away these capabilities will leave us temporarily weaker as an army, there is no denying it, but ensuring Russia's defeat in Ukraine makes us safer and, as a leading member of NATO, the world's most powerful defensive alliance, we are protected by the principle of collective defence."

I don’t think I saw the word “perilous” anywhere either - that’s your own concoction.
We have to contribute as a people to put more money into our essential services the government need to see the Army, NHS, all of them get the cash they need we are desperate as a people if the government continues to spend our money on business tax will have to rise.
District Nurses are on strike tomorrow and so they should

Last edited:
So Jeremy Hunt is now looking at capping the amount we're allowed to save in our ISAs at £100k. Anything above that level would be taxed.

Doesn't seem fair to punish the fiscally responsible among us. It would encourage more people to stop investing/saving IMO. Seems like a very strange policy from a very strange politician.

So Jeremy Hunt is now looking at capping the amount we're allowed to save in our ISAs at £100k. Anything above that level would be taxed.

Doesn't seem fair to punish the fiscally responsible among us. It would encourage more people to stop investing/saving IMO. Seems like a very strange policy from a very strange politician.
It’s an incentive to become a millionaire Tory MP, then you don’t have to pay any tax at all. Something like that anyway

Are there going to be street parties when these fuckers are voted out? I blimey hope so. The depth of hatred for them is as astounding as the lack of being held to account by their rich media chums.

This country needs an revolution. They need to share the wealth.

Soz just been watching 1984.

Brave New World next

So because cricket blue is too much of a woman to ask for a payrise or get a better job it means no one else is allowed haha.
To be fair though many people are trapped in their jobs. If you don't have your own transport and it's the only "big" employer around then any options might be limited.

Today prog this a.m. re nurses... I paraphrase...

Question to nurses' rep: "Government says that if you settle the current dispute by accepting the 'independent' pay review body, next year's might be more generous. Would this be a face-saving way (for the government) to give you more?"

Answer: "You mean 'jam tomorrow'? Would you trust this government with such a deal?"

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.