The Conservative Party

I think you are absolutely correct. I can't see anyone sorting this sh1t show out without a lot of pain. I just hope they spread the pain to everyone. The rich can afford it.
I'm not brilliant on tax situations but, inheritance and savings. This is off the wall by the way and probably not original. One thing I often ponder is how can we pay more than minimum wage to say cafe waiters and waitresses. If you put up the price of cups of coffee and tea then people will not go in. But, what if you ban inheritance and penalise savings then maybe, just maybe people will spend more, the economy will grow and the price of a cup of coffee can be put up!!!

HS2 the money pit that is being slowly watered down to be another pointless project. There is talk it won’t run to Euston and instead routed to West London. What could we have done with the money pissed away on it?
Another bright shiny bauble turns out to actually be a massIve turd with very expensive glitter stuck to it.

Another bright shiny bauble turns out to actually be a massIve turd with very expensive glitter stuck to it.

They sold this project as getting people to London half an hour faster. If you are having to get the Tube from West London into the centre of the city because the train doesn’t go to Euston, surely that cancels out the whole advantage of the speed the train will supposedly have?

They sold this project as getting people to London half an hour faster. If you are having to get the Tube from West London into the centre of the city because the train doesn’t go to Euston, surely that cancels out the whole advantage of the speed the train will supposedly have?
I think they see "London" as being any point within the M25 selected to suit their argument.
Could be Euston, could be Paddington, could be the House of Commons, could even be Wembley or selhurst bloody Park. Just depends on how they want to con the peasants.

HS2 will be reserved for the business types who regularly travel to London and who won't be paying for their fares so they're not arsed. Surprise surprise that actually sort of fits the profile of any MP based up here!

What they should be doing is trying to make rail more affordable, HS2 definitely won't be cheap and most people will do the current slower option if it's cheaper so it's completely pointless.

Even more people will just drive or fly to take the hassle out of the trains at the moment. I've flown many times from Manchester to Heathrow as flying can be cheaper than the train which is just ridiculous.

I've just looked and it's £35 for 3 of us to get the train to the game tonight (3 people, Buckshaw Parkway to Manchester on off-peak returns). That's almost £1 per mile! I'll stick to driving as that'll cost me £8, is it any wonder the motorways and roads are rammed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.