The Conservative Party

Doesn't answer the question about what added value are the tax payers receiving....
there is no extra added value for the extra 4%, why would there be?

costs for the council will have risen in the past year, so to keep the same level of service the taxes have to rise

dont quite see what you are having trouble understanding

Yep single people get penalised despite the 25% reduction. In fact single people pay singles tax in everything these days
To put it up again during a cost of living crisis is disgraceful, not sure where they think people get the money from

so what services do you want to cut instead of putting up the taxes

less road repairs ?
less police?
less frequent bin collections?

something else?

or perhaps the council workers should get no pay rises at all? would that be more fair?

so what services do you want to cut instead of putting up the taxes

less road repairs ?
less police?
less frequent bin collections?

something else?

or perhaps the council workers should get no pay rises at all? would that be more fair?
I think the council services are getting worse too be honest yet they keep putting it up, especially after covid, no fucker answers the phone at Trafford. Yet they expect people to contribute more.
Like I said they are putting it up 5% - peoples wages may not have gone up by that amount yet year in year out they expect more from people.

What added value do I get when a tin of baked beans goes up?

All those price rises you are feeling, councils are feeling too. And given that staff wages are being held down, and at a time when many staff are being made redundant, it is arguable we are all being subsidised, and not paying the full costs.

I can't speak for other councils, but I know the one where I live (Bury) has lost 50% of central government funding in recent years. However, the government has not deleted 50% of the statutory services it must provide, by law. Banks and suchlike can economise by closing branches, but Bury Council can't cut costs by failing to provide social care in Radcliffe, for example.

there is no extra added value for the extra 4%, why would there be?

costs for the council will have risen in the past year, so to keep the same level of service the taxes have to rise

dont quite see what you are having trouble understanding

Well usually when people put up prices theres at least some form of added value unless driven by inflation.

Odd to be content with a tax rise although some people weirdly don't mind it. Increasing costs can be off set by reducing unnecessary expenditure which there's been plenty of. Have you ever thought of that as opposed to leaving the Tax payer to pick up the tab?

I agree mate, it is unfair on single people.
It is mate glad someone agrees with me, you pay more for everything, holidays on you own you pay a premium, food you pay more, all the goverment help is tailored towards families.
Single living should not be penalised the way it is.

What added value do I get when a tin of baked beans goes up?

All those price rises you are feeling, councils are feeling too. And given that staff wages are being held down, and at a time when many staff are being made redundant, it is arguable we are all being subsidised, and not paying the full costs.

I can't speak for other councils, but I know the one where I live (Bury) has lost 50% of central government funding in recent years. However, the government has not deleted 50% of the statutory services it must provide, by law. Banks and suchlike can economise by closing branches, but Bury Council can't cut costs by failing to provide social care in Radcliffe, for example.
You can choose to buy a different brand of baked beans. We are stuck with the same incompetent council who seem to hemorrhage cash.

I think the council services are getting worse too be honest yet they keep putting it up, especially after covid, no fucker answers the phone at Trafford. Yet they expect people to contribute more.
Like I said they are putting it up 5% - peoples wages may not have gone up by that amount yet year in year out they expect more from people.

to correct all the issues with the council, they need more money.
the central govt funding to the councils is being cut (and has been for the last decade) so the difference has to be made up somehow or services deteriorate or are cut

what really needs to happen is the central govt need to increase taxes on the rich and restructure taxes so large corporations pay their fair share, so central govt can restore council fundiing to reasonable levels

as long as we have a tory govt, then public services will get worse

Well usually when people put up prices theres at least some form of added value unless driven by inflation.

Odd to be content with a tax rise although some people weirdly don't mind it. Increasing costs can be off set by reducing unnecessary expenditure which there's been plenty of. Have you ever thought of that as opposed to leaving the Tax payer to pick up the tab?

the council tax rise is due to inflation, how do you not understand this?

the rise is less than inflation (because central govt cap the rise) so it is in fact a real terms cut

the council tax rise is due to inflation, how do you not understand this?
I understand inflation probably better than you do. How do you not understand you can off set costs by cutting unnecessary expenditure. This is what businesses and families do when facing challenges with inflation. How do you not understand this?

You conveniently ignored this point I made to chase likes. Condescending c*nt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.