The Conservative Party

The whole governance thing needs a radical shake up

Its going to get one soon. Its called a General Election when you can do some research, read the literature and learn the facts to enable you to make an informed choice and go out to change things or indeed keep the status quo if thats what you are happy with.

Sadly half the voting population will do none of that - they will just sit of forums like this posting about them being two cheeks off the same arse or dangerous psychopaths or that Starmer isn't left enough or is Tory Lite and then after the elections repost the same whines they have done for the last few years.

Its going to get one soon. Its called a General Election when you can do some research, read the literature and learn the facts to enable you to make an informed choice and go out to change things or indeed keep the status quo if thats what you are happy with.

Sadly half the voting population will do none of that - they will just sit of forums like this posting about them being two cheeks off the same arse or dangerous psychopaths or that Starmer isn't left enough or is Tory Lite and then after the elections repost the same whines they have done for the last few years.
Wasn't thinking about the GE, more the accountability, 2nd jobs, no competition for tenders, association with companies awarded contacts etc

Apologies in advance.
Not putting this here to be controversial, but just came across it when perusing Sinead O’Connor material last night. (In the name of the father)

This is pretty powerful stuff from Gerry Conlon and if you can get to the end of it is pretty spot on regarding where you are with politicians and government in Britain today.

Yep.

If it was me, I’d ban voting for everyone except half a dozen posters on here who it is clear are the only ones capable of holding the responsibility of installing the next and future governments.

Yep.

If it was me, I’d ban voting for everyone except half a dozen posters on here who it is clear are the only ones capable of holding the responsibility of installing the next and future governments.
Very good idea.
Policies could be determined by a show of hands.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 28
Apologies in advance.
Not putting this here to be controversial, but just came across it when perusing Sinead O’Connor material last night. (In the name of the father)

This is pretty powerful stuff from Gerry Conlon and if you can get to the end of it is pretty spot on regarding where you are with politicians and government in Britain today.

I had the privilege of meeting that man when Bob Crow invited him to join us during a TUC conference.

Very clever man and one hell of drinker.

They don’t give a fuck about you, nobody is really talking about how they’ve allowed profits.

NB. This is the second time that I’ve realised that the majority of the UK population (reading various stuff) don’t really use their political view. The first time was the Brexit vote.

Yep.

Couldn't you just apply for a postal vote and get someone of sound judgement and who isn't as easily swayed to vote on your behalf?

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.