The Conservative Party

After Uxbridge, they’ve now found a war to wage as we run-up to the election. It will be really interesting to see how far they go with regard to climate issues, especially as it’s them who have set the direction under Johnson and forced Cities to implement certain measures.

If it goes as I think, they are going to argue against their own policy and that Labour are against the people and economy, and it is them that is their friend.

So much for that COP stuff, that was so yesterday.

As I keep saying most of them recognise they are done. Probably wouldn't contact Johnson for help as they know he wouldn't read anything they sent nor take their calls and in any event any promise he makes is worthless anyway

Wow. Patel wants more say in selecting Tory candidates for the party members who wanted Johnson then Truss as PM.

After Uxbridge, they’ve now found a war to wage as we run-up to the election. It will be really interesting to see how far they go with regard to climate issues, especially as it’s them who have set the direction under Johnson and forced Cities to implement certain measures.

If it goes as I think, they are going to argue against their own policy and that Labour are against the people and economy, and it is them that is their friend.

So much for that COP stuff, that was so yesterday.
It's the Tory way. Utter hypocrisy.

I've pointed out the way local Tories oppose local council policies mandated by the Tory government, but if the government itself is opposing stuff that it makes councils do, we're in Wonderland territory.

so Sunaks latest vote grabbing wheeze is to grant new North Sea oil gas licenses "to secure our own energy supplies and security" and keep British jobs and fuel costs down with our own gas and oil.

So they allow BP and Shell to extract fossil fuels. World market price at the time is for example $10 per unit. Do they expect them to see direct to the British Govt at $5 per unit? Have they not seen the profits oil and gas companies make? They are not charities. They are money making machine who's raw material may be finite but is entering a bonanza period as it runs it down.

Yet another over simplified mis-representation of the situation by this Govt.

Thanet MP trying to frame it as an economic thing, and that making gas/oil here is less bad than making it elsewhere. Scare stories of lights going out and the like.
Thus missing the general argument that less gas/oil full stop may be the more important issue.

"We'll adapt" seemed to be his mantra, which I'm sure will please anyone living near sea level (like, er, Thanet?)

so Sunaks latest vote grabbing wheeze is to grant new North Sea oil gas licenses "to secure our own energy supplies and security" and keep British jobs and fuel costs down with our own gas and oil.

So they allow BP and Shell to extract fossil fuels. World market price at the time is for example $10 per unit. Do they expect them to see direct to the British Govt at $5 per unit? Have they not seen the profits oil and gas companies make? They are not charities. They are money making machine who's raw material may be finite but is entering a bonanza period as it runs it down.

Yet another over simplified mis-representation of the situation by this Govt.

Even if they found the equivalent of Saudi Arabia off Cleethorpes, the oil produced would still go on the world market at the world price and (bar such taxes as we extract) the people of this country would be no better off. That's the 'free market' for you.
Many voters only look at the simplified version of the stories; the headlines and first paragraph perhaps. Politicians (and their media backers) know this all too well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.