The Conservative Party

It's perhaps too late for new gas now because gas demand is going to fall over time. You have to remember that our energy is expensive at the moment because supply fell due to COVID and the Ukraine war which cut us off from Russian supply. Demand however hasn't really changed and it'll probably reduce over the next 20-30 years. Gas bills will fall in time back to where they were, I think forward bought wholesale gas has already returned to 2019 prices.

The Tories sold off our gas storage capacity years ago because of this and as renewables were set to takeover, it's just that no-one really saw a natural gas squeeze coming. We need to aspire to become like Norway who is now completely reliant on renewables so they don't need to produce gas for themselves but as with oil they still drill it and sell it off.

I bet the Norwegian state-owned producer has made an absolute fortune over the last few years. It's the prime reason why the Norwegian pension vehicle is one of the richest sovereign wealth funds in the world.

Do you mean like the 'sovereign Wealth Fund' the UK should've had ?....... but the Tories sold it off.

What in the Holy fuck are our govn and councils doing work our money... this is unbelievable..

And it's not even the headline news. There should be people going to prison for this, and not just the dickheads who stole that money.

What in the Holy fuck are our govn and councils doing work our money... this is unbelievable..

And it's not even the headline news. There should be people going to prison for this, and not just the dickheads who stole that money.

You could make a movie about that - Backhanders Galore !

"The Audit Commission - a spending watchdog that stopped councils taking too many risks - was abolished in 2015."

Now which government did that?

Exactly. The deeper we look the more shit there is. I would be livid if my council tax bill went up because of that. Amateurs running our council services.

Yeah - amateurs like Capt Mainwaring who would observe red tape and be too "risk averse" for this lot so they get the local party to engineer a coup get rid of Mainwaring and replace him with that Spive Private Walker - Joe is more on their operating wavelengths

Exactly. The deeper we look the more shit there is. I would be livid if my council tax bill went up because of that. Amateurs running our council services.
My quibble with that would be that councils took risks because the withdrawal of government grants meant huge cuts to local services, and some were bad at it. (Some have invested wisely.)

Short-term, shallow and superficial, that’s all they’ve got left. I think they’ve even angered a lot of their die-hards with this bullshit of a supposed plan which will never come to fruition.

Just another in the long line of Tories playing loose and fast with what they will actually deliver, and probably a good thing in this case.

If we’d started early with renewables we could have been world leaders, instead we‘re leading the world in bullshit and going back on all our previous promises at the COP. There’s absolutely no trust left at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.