The Conservative Party

Ok mate if you say so.
You disagree , with what. How does todays party have any resemblance to the party of the past. Even Thatchers government were nothing like this lot. My parents life time tories that even voted for brexit, though they regret that now, wouldn’t even vote for them in July and are ashamed of every leader since Cameron. The Rwanda policy actually made my mum angry enough to say she’d never vote for them again.

You disagree , with what. How does todays party have any resemblance to the party of the past. Even Thatchers government were nothing like this lot. My parents life time tories that even voted for brexit, though they regret that now, wouldn’t even vote for them in July and are ashamed of every leader since Cameron. The Rwanda policy actually made my mum angry enough to say she’d never vote for them again.

I think we've forgotten just how right wing and mean spirited Thatcher's government were - possibly as some of the bigger figures aged, and weren't in front line politics, they appeared less grim that the current crop.

In the 80s the Tories were openly homophobic, were weak in their opposition to apartheid, and vilified the poor. They gradually dismantled all wage protections, and talked about the unemployed as a resource to keep wages down. Much of what Thatcher did would be unacceptable today, even for the more radical right wingers in the Tory party.

I think we've forgotten just how right wing and mean spirited Thatcher's government were - possibly as some of the bigger figures aged, and weren't in front line politics, they appeared less grim that the current crop.

In the 80s the Tories were openly homophobic, were weak in their opposition to apartheid, and vilified the poor. They gradually dismantled all wage protections, and talked about the unemployed as a resource to keep wages down. Much of what Thatcher did would be unacceptable today, even for the more radical right wingers in the Tory party.
1721583423338.png
Never forget cunts like Tebbit.

Yes think you could be right time plays tricks just think people like Heseltine, Howe, Clarke don’t seem that bad compared to today’s lot. Nearly put Portillo but he seemed to have his transformation after losing his seat.

You disagree , with what. How does today’s party have any resemblance to the party of the past. Even Thatchers government were nothing like this lot. My parents life time tories that even voted for brexit, though they regret that now, wouldn’t even vote for them in July and are ashamed of every leader since Cameron. The Rwanda policy actually made my mum angry enough to say she’d never vote for them again.
I think we are cross purposes. The last 14 years have not been Tories. They have been a hybrid Liberal / centre left government. A million miles away from being true conservatives. I agree with your parents

Thatcher was nearly half a century ago. Times, circumstances, values and morals were completely different. Just like present day values will be in 50 years time. Get over it.

I think we are cross purposes. The last 14 years have not been Tories. They have been a hybrid Liberal / centre left government. A million miles away from being true conservatives. I agree with your parents
No you don’t, my parents have been left behind by the last 14 years of the tories moving to the right too far right for them. To describe them as Liberal/ centre left is just plain ridiculous. If you believe that you aren’t and were never were a tory and the UKIP BRexit Reform Party is more your thing, along with the Bravemans of this world..

No you don’t, my parents have been left behind by the last 14 years of the tories moving to the right too far right for them. To describe them as Liberal/ centre left is just plain ridiculous. If you believe that you aren’t and were never were a tory and the UKIP BRexit Reform Party is more your thing, along with the Bravemans of this world..
OK fella. Whatever you say. Your opinion counts nobody else’s does. That’s all good with me. Enjoy your evening.

OK fella. Whatever you say. Your opinion counts nobody else’s does. That’s all good with me. Enjoy your evening.

If you are one of the people who genuinely believe the Tories were Nazis then you are not going to reach a consensus with those people about anything.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.