The Conservative Party

Yep….basically they were wiped out in the GE because not enough of them wanted to leave the ECHR!!
I bet the majority of the population don’t know what the ECHR acronym stands for. And I wouldn’t blame people for not knowing because of its relevance to most people’s day to day lives.

I bet the majority of the population don’t know what the ECHR acronym stands for. And I wouldn’t blame people for not knowing because of its relevance to most people’s day to day lives.
Sad that, because it has everyday relevance to all of us in that it protects the human rights we all take for granted.
We should also be very wary of individuals or political parties (or limited companies) who maintain that it is a ‘foreign court’ telling us brits what to do and that we need to leave it to preserve our ‘sovereignty’.

Sad that, because it has everyday relevance to all of us in that it protects the human rights we all take for granted.
We should also be very wary of individuals or political parties (or limited companies) who maintain that it is a ‘foreign court’ telling us brits what to do and that we need to leave it to preserve our ‘sovereignty’.
I wouldn’t disagree with that however its relevance is intangible to most people. The point I was making was that the former MP was talking absolute bollocks when she made out they lost the election because people were bothered that their Conservative candidates didn’t want to leave the ECHR.

Very true.
It’s opposite to whats true. The centre right one nation old style conservatives, the real conservatives are now in the minority as the party has been taken over by the majority of rabid right wingers ignoring courts and human rights. Of which she is one. They aren’t real conservatives being held back by Liberals. They are no better than Reform.

It’s opposite to whats true. The centre right one nation old style conservatives, the real conservatives are now in the minority as the party has been taken over by the majority of rabid right wingers ignoring courts and human rights. Of which she is one. They aren’t real conservatives being held back by Liberals. They are no better than Reform.
Ok mate if you say so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.