The Death Penalty.

C_T_I_D said:
Examples required GStar.

Kids nowadays carry knives because it fills them with the feeling of safety and it can be used as a deterrent. What superior way of self defence would you propose to teenagers who fear gang trouble?

Fists, Feet (run!), be aware of your surroundings, don't go looking for trouble, don't hang around in trouble known areas.

above all they should be using thier common sense... Surely you don't actually need these examples, they're pretty obvious.

I don't feel the need to carry a knife, and i know when to keep my mouth shut.

The majority of young people don't carry knives ( i think thats an accurate statement without asking them all) the ones who do are most likely looking for trouble in the first place.

But, I am talking in terms of what you said previously about being crowded round by a group of youths. What do you do then? Fists won't suffice and you'll be crowded round so you can hardly run. Example being that mosher whose girlfriend got killed (not crowded round but fists didn't suffice)

C_T_I_D said:
But, I am talking in terms of what you said previously about being crowded round by a group of youths. What do you do then? Fists won't suffice and you'll be crowded round so you can hardly run. Example being that mosher whose girlfriend got killed (not crowded round but fists didn't suffice)

Are you suggesting pulling out a knife and stabbing someone would be acceptable in that situation?

I'm saying that if that was my girlfriend then I would feel like I had every right to use a knife in self defence based on the assault of the aforementioned, yes. Especially if it acted as a deterrent for them to stop and think about what they're doing. The threat of ending lives could have saved a life.

C_T_I_D said:
I'm saying that if that was my girlfriend then I would feel like I had every right to use a knife in self defence based on the assault of the aforementioned, yes. Especially if it acted as a deterrent for them to stop and think about what they're doing. The threat of ending lives could have saved a life.

I think that kind of thinking is exactly what is causing the problems we have today. If we had the punishments in place then the likelihood is that scenario would never take place.

I wouldn't walk through a park at night with my girlfriend anyway... unless she had something planned!

Take a taxi, drive yourself... stay away from troubled areas.

But thats now, if the punishments were in place, you amy never encounter such a dilema.

I'm not saying me and her would walk through a park like that. Taxi's are the way to go nowadays, especially after a night out. I was simply giving you an example of the sort of action I would take should that have happened to me.

That is why people carry knives - to intimidate which is exactly why I'd want to hypothetically. Against 3 or 4 men, you wouldn't count your chickens would you? It's like martial arts, even black belts can get stabbed up, you can train till the cows come home but a belt ain't going to save your life.

Ironically I'd have to prove that potentially me stabbing someone in self defence was not murder and if that claim was unfound, based on my own proposition, I'd be brown bread. Lol!

C_T_I_D said:
I'm not saying me and her would walk through a park like that. Taxi's are the way to go nowadays, especially after a night out. I was simply giving you an example of the sort of action I would take should that have happened to me.

That is why people carry knives - to intimidate which is exactly why I'd want to hypothetically. Against 3 or 4 men, you wouldn't count your chickens would you? It's like martial arts, even black belts can get stabbed up, you can train till the cows come home but a belt ain't going to save your life.

Ironically I'd have to prove that potentially me stabbing someone in self defence was not murder and if that claim was unfound, based on my own proposition, I'd be brown bread. Lol!

Of course its murder, you're carrying a weapon and you've used that weapon to harm... and you've suceeded.

But ill again reiterate, if the rights punishments were put in place, that scenario may be a much more rare occourance.

Kids carry knives because they mix in circles that do likewise. And because they are completely clueless as to the effects of their actions. It's not real to them.

Nothing to do with whether Capital Punishment is brought back or not.

In terms of women carrying knives in fear of rape, what would you do about that GStar? Do you acknowledge, if not promote that, as perhaps the only logical solution to that problem?

mackenzie said:
Kids carry knives because they mix in circles that do likewise. And because they are completely clueless as to the effects of their actions. It's not real to them.

Nothing to do with whether Capital Punishment is brought back or not.

Then it is the parents fault for their actions. Hypothetically if I was a parent then I would make it my business to know what my child was up to. So many times you hear 'oh he was an angel, I didn't know he was up to this' and it leaves me screaming at the television 'then why in the blue hell didn't you make it your task to find out? it's not rocket science' and it happens time and time again.

To a certain extent I put it down to poor parenting somewhat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.