The decision to loan Barry and keep Garcia.

the originalkippaxman said:
Be back shortly going to find a brick wall to head butt for several minutes. He has gone he wanted regular first team football and we could not offer that.

Make sure you give it a strong head butt.

Ban-jani said:
I've been watching Everton a bit this season and in particular Barry, of whom I'm a huge fan.
This isn't a thread cricising Pellegrini, as I really like him and think he's improved things,
but I want to know why the club decided we'd loan Gareth but keep Javi?

Barry's passing is far more varied and he can make penetrative balls through,
whereas Garcia cannot and passes from side to side.
Their pace is similar - next to none, but Barry reads the game much better and
get's into positions early so his pace isn't too much of an issue.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently (I know I should be just enjoying
our form!) and I want to know what other blues think?

I personally think it was a terrible decision, as was selling Suarez. The good news
is the rest of our transfer market, Jovetic aside, was fantastic.

Wages.

Versatility, Garcia has also played at centre half, would Barry?

Less likely to rock the boat due starting games.

And in my view, Everton would have wanted Barry and we may want first option on Barkley and this will help in that aim.

Ban-jani said:
Be back shortly going to find a brick wall to head butt for several minutes. He has gone he wanted regular first team football and we could not offer that.

Intend to let me know when you open a we should never have sold De Jong thread so I can stick some 6 inch nails through my boll*cks.

Besides the aforementioned points, I believe Garcia is on considerably lower wages as well.

Ban-jani said:

Intend to let me know when you open a we should never have sold De Jong thread so I can stick some 6 inch nails through my boll*cks.

We sold De Jong, we have only loaned Barry and can get him back at the end of the season.
Think about it.

In reference to wages, I think we could have got money for Garcia and have his wages off the books so that would have more than covered Barry.
I also think Barry could have stepped in for either Yaya or Fernandinho more effectively.

lust overlord said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
World Cup year and Barry wanted a starting role rather than sub and rotation apperances ala Garcia?

Almost certainly correct.
+ only 1 year left on contract.
Shame he couldn't stay but you can't blame him for wanting to play more.
Thats my thinking him and Pelle obviously had a chat and came to the decision. I think its a nice touch from pelle in all honesty to let him know where he stood and then not stand in his way when he wanted to go out on loan. Barry will get a lovely free transfer at the end of this season as well. I dont think he will have any negative feelings towards pelle or City

Everton are proving to be a bit of a thorn in the side of those in and around us, they've beaten United and Chelsea whilst holding Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool to draws. We have so far managed to beat them at home.

Barry is a key figure in their team, more important than someone like Lukaku because of his experience playing the big teams at the top of the table. He is still effectively doing a job for City because he can't play against us so therefore can't hurt us.

If we can win the fixture at Goodison (a big ask historically) and Everton continue to pinch points off our rivals, it will be a huge boost for out title chances. Would he have been better in our team? Probably, but he's not done us any harm and it actually might turn out to be a good strategic move by City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.