The decision to loan Barry and keep Garcia.

kramer said:
Just another excuse to knock Garcia who is a far better player than given credit for by a lot of blues

Or,depending on your grasp of reality,given far too much credit by alot of blues because he happens to wear our shirt.

FantasyIreland said:
kramer said:
Just another excuse to knock Garcia who is a far better player than given credit for by a lot of blues

Or,depending on your grasp of reality,given far too much credit by alot of blues because he happens to wear our shirt.

Pellegrini thinks enough of him to trust him with game time. If he were as bad as some people say on here, that would be suicide at this level.

I can't believe this hasn't been discussed on here already.

Barry is in the last year of his contract with us. Garcia is doing what Barry would have done for us for half the money.

It's the same as the myth about De-Jong imo, don't get me wrong they were both good players for us and did their job effectively. But some people go on as if they were world beaters.

De Jong is playing in a Milan team that is mid table in Italy.

kramer said:

Not at all, I get behind Garcia when I'm at the match, I don't rate him though and I do rate Barry. Are we not allowed to give opinions on what could be improved?
If so, go to RAWK and you will fit right in.

Ban-jani said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Ban-jani said:
We sold De Jong, we have only loaned Barry and can get him back at the end of the season.
Think about it.

In reference to wages, I think we could have got money for Garcia and have his wages off the books so that would have more than covered Barry.
I also think Barry could have stepped in for either Yaya or Fernandinho more effectively.

Barry's contract is up this summer

True mate, but Garcia will probably go this summer, so either way we'd have
had to find a new CM.
I think there were ways we could have gone about it, with subsidising Barry's wage
and keeping the better player.

Who was going to take Garcia off our hands when Barry had asked for a loan move and Pelle had agreed. Your making an argument for a situation which was probably resolved within 2 days of pelle walking through the front door and explaining where everyone stood. I dont think City or especially pelle cared too much about his wage more the fact that he wanted first team football and after what he has given the club he deserved to be let go to at least have a crack at a squad place for world cup

Right back from banging my head against a brick wall. So as we seem to have another slate Garcia thread for which he doesn't seem to deserve as lets be honest he hasn't done anything wrong as with the rest of the team in the last 12 games.

So as Garcia seems to be the player that is fashionable to slate when compared to the other players in the team he hasn't done much wrong I ask you all this question.

Garcia or Fellaini

This will be a good reflection on how people view footballers.

Finally, TalkSport have picked up on a story from Italy suggesting one of the Blues’ current holding midfielders could be on his way to Serie A.

The radio station’s website report: “Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has his eye on Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia who is being used sparingly at the Etihad under Pellegrini.

“The holding midfielder, who also been has been used to fill gaps in the City defence, is usually deployed as a late substitute when City are ahead and eager to see matches out.

“Of the 16 Premier League appearances the 26-year-old has made this season, only six have been from the kick-off and he was withdrawn before the end in two of those matches.

“Now Corriere dello Sport claims Benitez is ready to offer the former Real Madrid and Benfica man more first-team action.”

More of the same tomorrow, plus any actual deals as and when they happen on mcfc.co.uk.

I can but wish !!!

the originalkippaxman said:
Garcia or Fellaini

This will be a good reflection on how people view footballers.

Apples and oranges.

Garcia or Flamini would be a more suitable comparison.

FantasyIreland said:
kramer said:

I happen to be of the opinion that its somewhere inbetween I feel his early shocking performances have led to somewhat of an over compensation by some blues to laud him when such praise isn't necessary he's been steady and has improved over the past few weeks he is still some way of the standard although his passing range has shown signs of improvement and its very rare that he's found wanting at aerial duels overall the comparison to barry is fair he doesn't pull up trees and never does anything fancy he's just steady and this in turn lets our forward line attack with the added defencive cover I can't help but feel that some people are wanting another de jong and a de jong he'll never be but if the opportunity arose to cash in and a replacement was available then I wouldn't be apposed to cutting our losses

chris85mcfc said:
I can't believe this hasn't been discussed on here already.

Barry is in the last year of his contract with us. Garcia is doing what Barry would have done for us for half the money.

It's the same as the myth about De-Jong imo, don't get me wrong they were both good players for us and did their job effectively. But some people go on as if they were world beaters.

De Jong is playing in a Milan team that is mid table in Italy.

So is Balotelli, Mexes, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Zapata. All better players than a mid table team and AC Milan are not historically a mid table team
Although I do agree with you on the De Jong myth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.