The decision to loan Barry and keep Garcia.

Ban-jani said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
World Cup year and Barry wanted a starting role rather than sub and rotation apperances ala Garcia?
Barry would have had plenty of games IMO,
We're in 4 competitions and Garcia gets to play every week.
Barry would have featured more than Garcia has I think once the gaffer
had seen his good work.

The one thing I cannot understand is the input Kiddo would have had. Surely he would have trumpeted Barry's virtues to Pellegrini, and made sure Pellers was aware of the contribution that GazBaz had made and could make to a team in rotation!

Ban-jani said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Ban-jani said:
It obviously hasn't knocked any sense into you.
This isn't a thread designed to slate Garcia, but one to determine whether
Barry being loaned and Garcia retaining his squad place was the correct decision.

Barry is in fine form and his passing is very good from deep, I think he would have made
a difference to what Garcia has offered.

Javi hasn't done anything wrong but I don't feel he would contribute
as much as Gareth.

And I'd rather have Fellaini.

The problem is you started a thread with zero knowledge about Barry his contract situation and the reasons he wanted to leave, You could have said why let Barry go and keep Rodwell, Milner or Garcia but you choose Garcia as an attack at him and to make everybody believe you are a true blue as that is fashionable.

Then you said you would rather have Fellaini so putting all the evidence together I would say you are a f*cking RAG

Fancy meeting for a pint tomorrow night at the ground? Calling someone a rag who has met a lot of people off this forum is a bit misinformed.

I clearly stated at the beginning it was my opinion, I also stated I back Garcia at games and I also asked for others' views, I don't mind if people agree or disagree, it's only a debate.
I don't believe Garcia to contribute enough, whilst he does nothing wrong.
Barry's forward passing is a key attribute that could have improved this side,
if only in the league and not CL.

You need to relax mate, I know Javi's a good looking lad but it seems
your crush has gone too far.

Go back to bed Gareth. Your drunk.

The whole thrust of this thread has things completely wrong.

Barry has been replaced in the team by Ferdinandinho. He has proved to be a major improvement on Barry.

Barry presumably did not want to spend a season as a bit part player largely coming off the bench hence he was loaned to Everton. He has proved capable of holding a place in their team and doing damage to City's main rivals. This is similar to the position of De Jong a couple of seasons back. He was unwilling to sit on the bench and was sold before his contract was run down.

Garcia has been retained as a squad player to cover the defensive midfield and central defence positions and to shore up the defence where needed much as Viera did in his last season. For me Garcia has done nothing wrong and has looked very solid featuring in the majority of PL matches despite only six starts. Pellegrini presumably knows the capabilities of Garcia having managed him at two clubs (and selling him to Benfica!).

Much though Barry has been a great player for City over the years so it is right for him to move on at this stage. City don't want to follow the example of United and let most of their midfield grow old together.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ban-jani said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
World Cup year and Barry wanted a starting role rather than sub and rotation apperances ala Garcia?
had seen his good work.

The one thing I cannot understand is the input Kiddo would have had. Surely he would have trumpeted Barry's virtues to Pellegrini, and made sure Pellers was aware of the contribution that GazBaz had made and could make to a team in rotation!
I'm sure all of that would have been undone if Pellegrini had viewed Barry in the Champions League, which he very well likely had.

chris85mcfc said:
Ban-jani said:
The problem is you started a thread with zero knowledge about Barry his contract situation and the reasons he wanted to leave, You could have said why let Barry go and keep Rodwell, Milner or Garcia but you choose Garcia as an attack at him and to make everybody believe you are a true blue as that is fashionable.

Then you said you would rather have Fellaini so putting all the evidence together I would say you are a f*cking RAG

Fancy meeting for a pint tomorrow night at the ground? Calling someone a rag who has met a lot of people off this forum is a bit misinformed.

I clearly stated at the beginning it was my opinion, I also stated I back Garcia at games and I also asked for others' views, I don't mind if people agree or disagree, it's only a debate.

Go back to bed Gareth. Your drunk.

Watch the Arsenal Everton game from this season. Barry was class.

JGL07 said:
The whole thrust of this thread has things completely wrong.

Barry has been replaced in the team by Ferdinandinho. He has proved to be a major improvement on Barry.

Barry presumably did not want to spend a season as a bit part player largely coming off the bench hence he was loaned to Everton. He has proved capable of holding a place in their team and doing damage to City's main rivals. This is similar to the position of De Jong a couple of seasons back. He was unwilling to sit on the bench and was sold before his contract was run down.

Garcia has been retained as a squad player to cover the defensive midfield and central defence positions and to shore up the defence where needed much as Viera did in his last season. For me Garcia has done nothing wrong and has looked very solid featuring in the majority of PL matches despite only six starts. Pellegrini presumably knows the capabilities of Garcia having managed him at two clubs (and selling him to Benfica!).

Much though Barry has been a great player for City over the years so it is right for him to move on at this stage. City don't want to follow the example of United and let most of their midfield grow old together.

I wish people would stop resorting to thinking logically and talking sense.

Ban-jani said:
Ban-jani said:
It obviously hasn't knocked any sense into you.
This isn't a thread designed to slate Garcia, but one to determine whether
Barry being loaned and Garcia retaining his squad place was the correct decision.

Barry is in fine form and his passing is very good from deep, I think he would have made
a difference to what Garcia has offered.

Javi hasn't done anything wrong but I don't feel he would contribute
as much as Gareth.

And I'd rather have Fellaini.

Yes let me know. If you cant make tomorrow I am available at

West Ham Away
Tottenham Away
Norwich Away

Went for the southern based clubs to save your travelling time my COCKney Red

Ban-jani said:

West Ham Away
Tottenham Away
Norwich Away

Laughable.

I was born in stepping hill and have never permanently lived outside of Manchester or Greater Manchester.
I suppose mummy or daddy won't let you go to midweek games,
as you have school tomorrow.

Ban-jani said:
Ban-jani said:

West Ham Away
Tottenham Away
Norwich Away

Laughable.

I was born in stepping hill and have never permanently lived outside of Manchester or Greater Manchester.
as you have school tomorrow.

Hahaha you do make me laugh. Your knowledge of City is really limited

as you have school tomorrow

Yes you are right cant do mid week games. Didn't know these had been moved.

West Ham Away
Tottenham Away

Anyway my half and half scarf supporter I have some homework to hand in.

taconinja said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ban-jani said:
had seen his good work.

I'm sure all of that would have been undone if Pellegrini had viewed Barry in the Champions League, which he very well likely had.
Or as pointed out 10000000000000000 million fecking times that Barry did not want to be a squad player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.