The decision to loan Barry and keep Garcia.

Ban-jani said:
I've been watching Everton a bit this season and in particular Barry, of whom I'm a huge fan.
This isn't a thread cricising Pellegrini, as I really like him and think he's improved things,
but I want to know why the club decided we'd loan Gareth but keep Javi?

Barry's passing is far more varied and he can make penetrative balls through,
whereas Garcia cannot and passes from side to side.
Their pace is similar - next to none, but Barry reads the game much better and
get's into positions early so his pace isn't too much of an issue.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently (I know I should be just enjoying
our form!) and I want to know what other blues think?

I personally think it was a terrible decision, as was selling Suarez. The good news
is the rest of our transfer market, Jovetic aside, was fantastic.

The decision to buy Rodwell is more baffling - i can understand Javi and i can understand Barry although i think that was a massive mistake - but we bought a player which if he was a horse would have been shot

FantasyIreland said:
kramer said:
From what Ive heard they will not be offering him a permanent deal.

I find that difficult to believe as Barry has become the heartbeat of their side,he has also allowed Barkley the opportunity to develop and flourish.Signing him on a free would seem a no brainer.

Where have you heard different?
Martinez has stated on a few occasions that he won't look at offering gaz baz a contract until later in the season, maybe it's down to wanting to see how he finishes the season and what finishing position they can get and therefore how much they can offer. Bit risky, there'll be a few clubs sniffing round already with his performances and there's nothing stopping him from signing a pre-contract unless we have an option for a further year, pretty sure we don't.

Ban-jani said:
kramer said:
Ban-jani said:
Not at all, I get behind Garcia when I'm at the match, I don't rate him though and I do rate Barry. Are we not allowed to give opinions on what could be improved?
If so, go to RAWK and you will fit right in.

Every player has his sell by date, as much as I liked Barry it was clear last season that the club wouldn't be offering him an extension to his contract and that this season he wouldn't be starting as often as he would like. So in the days of FFP it would makes perfect sense as he enters his final year of his contract to move him on. The loan deal with Neverton, where they pay his wages made perfect sense. From what Ive heard they will not be offering him a permanent deal.

I don't understand why you assume that it was either him or Garcia, this is why I see a this as another thread knocking Garcia. I never said you cant have opinion that is what a forum is all about and I don't know what RAWK is

Do I really need to answer that? I will anyway...
Possibly because they play in the same position, and nobody
would take Rodwell because of his injuries.

Neither Barry or Garcia will be playing for us next season, until then
I would have preferred Barry and I would of liked to think
we could have made a deal to keep him for one more year and sell Garcia.

Barry is on the wane, I'm a fan but he had a number of very very poor displays last season and for the available role i.e. back-up in midfield then Garcia was the better option for the numerous reason that have been made in replies. I don't think Garcia is a long solution but he is the wiping boy and is never give the credit he deserves I don't agree that Garcia will not be a City player next season but for sure Barry wont and maybe not even a Neverton one unless he's prepared for a short contract on much lower wages

to be honest this thread would be better titled 'the decision to loan Barry and keep Rodwell'

Ban-jani said:
I've been watching Everton a bit this season and in particular Barry, of whom I'm a huge fan.
This isn't a thread cricising Pellegrini, as I really like him and think he's improved things,
but I want to know why the club decided we'd loan Gareth but keep Javi?

Barry's passing is far more varied and he can make penetrative balls through,
whereas Garcia cannot and passes from side to side.
Their pace is similar - next to none, but Barry reads the game much better and
get's into positions early so his pace isn't too much of an issue.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently (I know I should be just enjoying
our form!) and I want to know what other blues think?

I personally think it was a terrible decision, as was selling Suarez. The good news
is the rest of our transfer market, Jovetic aside, was fantastic.

Your opinion is biased as you clearly state you a a huge fan of Barry

My view however is the opposite and never rated Barry His total lack of pace and poor passing cost us quite a few games
I for one was glad to see the back of him and with him in the side the fast fluid football we have been playing would have been impossible with Barry in the side

Garcia gets a lot of stick but he can be used in a variety of positions he may not be a world beater in any but not a bad squad player who has improved under the new Manager.

Gareth Barry is still capable to perform in the Premier League as it is proven with Everton's league position and his form. However if Everton do qualify for the Champions League then the problems he had at City will not completely go away.

FantasyIreland said:
chris85mcfc said:
a) he can't move the ball quick enough b) he wouldn't fit into the pressing game that we have adapted in every game this season.

Granted the first team games are a fundamental reason he has moved imo,however,both your points above are abilities Barry is significantly better at than Garcia.He is also a far better creative player and much 'cuter' in his play.

All moot points though given the fact he didnt want to be sat on our bench.

I agree. But i guess keeping Garcia was the lesser of two evils, in terms of the appearances each would have wanted and their wages, and also the attributes they would have brought to the team.

Ban-jani said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Right back from banging my head against a brick wall. So as we seem to have another slate Garcia thread for which he doesn't seem to deserve as lets be honest he hasn't done anything wrong as with the rest of the team in the last 12 games.

So as Garcia seems to be the player that is fashionable to slate when compared to the other players in the team he hasn't done much wrong I ask you all this question.

Garcia or Fellaini

This will be a good reflection on how people view footballers.

It obviously hasn't knocked any sense into you.
This isn't a thread designed to slate Garcia, but one to determine whether
Barry being loaned and Garcia retaining his squad place was the correct decision.

Barry is in fine form and his passing is very good from deep, I think he would have made
a difference to what Garcia has offered.

Javi hasn't done anything wrong but I don't feel he would contribute
as much as Gareth.

And I'd rather have Fellaini.

The problem is you started a thread with zero knowledge about Barry his contract situation and the reasons he wanted to leave, You could have said why let Barry go and keep Rodwell, Milner or Garcia but you choose Garcia as an attack at him and to make everybody believe you are a true blue as that is fashionable.

Then you said you would rather have Fellaini so putting all the evidence together I would say you are a f*cking RAG

I think Garcia in recent games has done well. I just think Barry was always going downhill. It shows more in the European games how poor Barry is when a player puts pressure on him. Barry simply would not be able to play as a 2 mad midfield no more. At Everton he is a central 3 with McCarthy and 1 of Barkley or Osman all 3 hard working players around him. In a 3 man midfield he can do it not in a 2 man with players running at him he can be found out. It was the right time for him to go in my opinion. When a player gets to that age you would rather they go out and play as much as they can as they just wont be able to do it at the top level no more. Only the truely great players can keep that going at Barrys age.

Ban-jani said:
Right back from banging my head against a brick wall. So as we seem to have another slate Garcia thread for which he doesn't seem to deserve as lets be honest he hasn't done anything wrong as with the rest of the team in the last 12 games.

So as Garcia seems to be the player that is fashionable to slate when compared to the other players in the team he hasn't done much wrong I ask you all this question.

Garcia or Fellaini

This will be a good reflection on how people view footballers.

It obviously hasn't knocked any sense into you.
This isn't a thread designed to slate Garcia, but one to determine whether
Barry being loaned and Garcia retaining his squad place was the correct decision.

Barry is in fine form and his passing is very good from deep, I think he would have made
a difference to what Garcia has offered.

Javi hasn't done anything wrong but I don't feel he would contribute
as much as Gareth.

And I'd rather have Fellaini.

The problem is you started a thread with zero knowledge about Barry his contract situation and the reasons he wanted to leave, You could have said why let Barry go and keep Rodwell, Milner or Garcia but you choose Garcia as an attack at him and to make everybody believe you are a true blue as that is fashionable.

Then you said you would rather have Fellaini so putting all the evidence together I would say you are a f*cking RAG

Fancy meeting for a pint tomorrow night at the ground? Calling someone a rag who has met a lot of people off this forum is a bit misinformed.

I clearly stated at the beginning it was my opinion, I also stated I back Garcia at games and I also asked for others' views, I don't mind if people agree or disagree, it's only a debate.
I don't believe Garcia to contribute enough, whilst he does nothing wrong.
Barry's forward passing is a key attribute that could have improved this side,
if only in the league and not CL.

You need to relax mate, I know Javi's a good looking lad but it seems
your crush has gone too far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.