The Derby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Minard said:
As I can't create a thread I thought I'd just post in here..

Van Persie... personally I think we made a great decision in not signing him. He goes missing far too often for my liking and never seems to step up in big games. £25m. Turns 30 in a few months. No Tar..

Opinions?

Well if we did buy him then we would probably be top so not quite sure

watching this in a pub full of arrogant scumbags was rather sweet....

agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

we didnt just beat them, we absolutely dominated them, from the first minute to the last they spent the majority of the game chasing shadows, our passing game was fast and fluid, united couldn't live with us, their game plan just consisted of putting the ball out wide and swinging hopeful crosses in, whereas we are patient.

when you go to Old trafford for a derby, you expect to have large periods of the game where you are under the cosh, but that wasn't the case tonight, they didnt have any clear cut chances.

I thought aguero's goal was superb, tevez leading the line was fantastic, silva and nasri interchanged so well, Barry, Milner, Yaya were all solid in front of the ball four, Clichy and Zabba were warriors, Kompany was imperious, and Nastasics stature is growing day by day.

positive signs.

Minard said:

Van Persie... personally I think we made a great decision in not signing him. He goes missing far too often for my liking and never seems to step up in big games. £25m. Turns 30 in a few months. No Tar..

Opinions?

Bottom line that 25m+180k a week wages has bought them the league

Re: The Deby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Richard said:
Seriously, how are United 12 points clear?

Very important factors this season have worked against us this season, and in favour of United. Two crucial wins for them, were away to Liverpool and Chelsea, and they really got the rub of the green in both matches, two poor refereeing performances. Aguero's injury on the opening day was a blow, as have injuries to Kompany, and Yaya away at the ACON. Silva not getting a proper preseason has been detrimental. With the way the League is structured, etc, no winter break, fixture congestion, 5 yellow cards equals ban, all help determine who wins the title, and those rules don't always help the best team win. Mancini is right. City are the better team, but the things I've mentioned haven't worked in our favour. Regarding referee performances, the whole "it evens itself out" is a meaningless cliche. It does not.

MCFCmadman said:
Minard said:

Opinions?

Well if we did buy him then we would probably be top so not quite sure

Granted, this may be true, but in a business approach - why would we want to have paid £25m and be paying 250k a week in wages to a player who goes missing in big games, is injury prone, and hasn't got long left?

Lets take all that money we have saved and put it towards someone like Cavani or Falcao, someone with resale value and who is even better than that rapist.

I think it was a smart move.

Re: The Deby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

chris63 said:
8533901918_a464250453_o.gif

-- Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:45 pm --

BFfn9JsCIAAIPUx.png:large

that is fucking brilliant!!! - literally laughing my head off here mate! I'm not on twitter but if i was i'd tweet that to Wio

The gifts at anfield and Stamford bridge will be the difference in them winning the prem, lots of other factors injury to Sergio since that tackle by cline Southampton was a bad influence on the season, but the most dangerous situation is being champions, 68 was the same but more disastrous league form wise we were out if it completely by the end if January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.