The Derby Post Match Thread

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
citygal1 said:
Just get top four and rebuild

In an odd way I'm excited coz if the owners were not already planning an overhaul, then they will be after this!

This season will set us back at least two seasons and maybe more depending on who we can sign.

We need a complete overhaul not just a fine tune.

Agreed.
Doesn't really matter how long it takes just get the foundations right

So where does this leave us then? I think the decision that seems inevitable has now been made easier for the club. It seems we are in a downward spiral with limited chance of recovery. We have stopped doing everything we did well to the point where we are not a formidable opposition to face any longer. Defend in numbers, play on the break and use the long ball and we are easily cracked. We haven't had a Plan B for a long time and it now seems we don't even have a Plan A.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction but based on MP seemingly being tactically naive, unwilling or unable to adapt to opposition that have 'figured us out' and that the players obviously don't want or know how to play for him any longer then I believe the required course of action is obvious.

The big question is when and who to bring in?

The most important thing now? TOP 4!

Does it matter how drastic the decisions need to be to ensure that? NO!

Wait and see

CTID

Just remember, these are still the good times compared to a few years ago. Perspective is required ;)

IH8MUFC said:
on another note.

3 minutes injury time?

there were 6 subs. 30 seconds are added for each.

3 goals. 30 seconds for each.

thats 4 and a half minutes. rounded up to 5.

Think there is a bigger picture to be seen than moaning about the amount of added on time.

oakiecokie said:
What has Pelle had to say or has he locked the fuckers in the dressing room ?

Nothing that matters, If he's our manager for the next match we are well and truly fucked

Txixi is a very easy target. I'm sure twelve months ago he was the the best thing since sliced bread....people are so fickle.
Pellegrini is culpable for some of his team selections and even today with one up front, he played Navas who can't beat a man, never mind find one.
Yaya didn't break sweat today, which is usually the case when his mate, Nasri ( who should have started) doesn't play.
Great player he has been for us, the time is probably right for a parting of the ways.
We need a new physical presence in the middle of the park and (stating the obvious) some pace and real craft out wide.
Pellegrinis other big mistake is the constant changing of the back 4. How are they ever going to get an understanding with the constant changes.

Yes Manuel you DON'T fucking know unfortunately though you are being paid mega bucks TO know so kindly fuck off and let us get somebody in who DOES!!!

Went from a case of 'should have been two up in the first 20 minutes' to 'what a shit performance in the end'. Basically didn't take our early chances but let them bastards get into the game. Unforgivably, we then just either completely ran out of steam or completely gave up. They may have had two goals that could have been flagged offside, but they deserved the win more than we did overall. When I saw 5 in the middle I thought we'd overrun them but we somehow managed to let them hoof it up to an unmarked Fellaini all day - basic stuff to deal with when you've got all them bodies in there. Players or Pellers at fault for that? I really don't know.

I thought Mangala played well when he came on. I prefer the Mangala & Demichelis pairing than any other at the back at the moment. Demichelis, for me, has been the best CB we've had this year. Mangala seems a lot more composed when he's under his orders at the back (apart from that goal today).

Its quite simple really Yaya has to go he cannot play his position for many years now he has had no ability to defend or even bother to,sure he can score a few goals here and there but we lose to much in the process for the opposition to break away.

I would put Fernandinho and Fernando together and i'm sure we will see a better and more confident side as both centre backs will have less to worry about in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.