The Derby Post Match Thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Marvin said:
We've been in Div 3 so we can handle 5th
We've played in the third tier of English football? Why has no one mentioned this before?
Someone will be telling us that Dave Whelan broke his leg at Wembley next.

What? When did this happen? It's something I've never heard about.

And do you want something to really do your head in? Must've been said here there and everywhere on different threads on this forum, but it bears repeating.
We are the top fucking scorers in the league! This year, for the time being. As we were, last. One goal more scored than Chelsea, two more than the Arse. No, sorry, the attack does its job, year in, year out. Sergio must've been wondering what he was doing in this team, by the end.
Factor in that Joe's had a pretty good season, and that tells you exactly the size of the problem elsewhere.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
And do you want something to really do your head in? Must've been said here there and everywhere on different threads on this forum, but it bears repeating.
We are the top fucking scorers in the league! This year, for the time being. As we were, last. One goal more scored than Chelsea, two more than the Arse. No, sorry, the attack does its job, year in, year out. Sergio must've been wondering what he was doing in this team, by the end.
Factor in that Joe's had a pretty good season, and that tells you exactly the size of the problem elsewhere.

Defending has been poor but what is more important is not how many you score but the score lines themselves.

You can have a bunch of 2-3-4 even goal wins but if you drop points in 14 games from 32 matches including 7 defeats you are not going to win any titles in the premiership any more.

Of course. A 5-0 win gets you no more points than a 1-0 win
My point is that we should know — as we once did, not so long ago — how to pull off 1-0 wins, as the Chavs have done, over and over again this season. By the way, I'm not putting it all on that back line, by any means. I've been thinking long and hard about this. Everybody saw that the midfield just abdicated yesterday. When that happens, huge pressure is put on any back line, however good it is, because the ball just keeps pinging back at it, and it buckles. Yesterday was a combination of errors of judgement in defense, and a vacuum in front of it.

So anyway.I suppose that whatever can be said about the match has been said, in a thousand different ways, with raving, raging, ranting, drooling, puking. And sometimes, maybe even some careful analysis into what we’ve been doing so wrong for weeks now. Nothing much for me to add.

OK. Just this.
So I’m in the pub, watching the match with a couple of friends. There’s a bunch of youngsters near me. “United” fans. One of them’s wearing “the shirt”. Whenever they scored, he got up and danced around. The rest of the time, I couldn’t help noticing, he scarcely even watched the match. No understanding of the game, the way it was unfolding. No understanding of football, in fact.
Now I am one hundred percent certain that none of them had ever been within three hundred miles of Manchester. And I just thought, what a nothing club, really. I couldn’t stand to be associated with such a club. Honestly, even if we’d won, I would have thought that, with total conviction.
FUCK THEM. Fuck the rags.
We are MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB, come hell or high water.
Now is exactly the time for us to stand up and say, we are fans, we are permanent, even if you’re playing shit football for the time being, even if you break our hearts turning in this kind of performance, we, with our voices, our wallets, our feet, our balls (including the women who support City especially, because they've got to have balls to support this club, somehow) we support you, we support this club, and we are here for ever.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Of course. A 5-0 win gets you no more points than a 1-0 win
My point is that we should know — as we once did, not so long ago — how to pull off 1-0 wins, as the Chavs have done, over and over again this season. By the way, I'm not putting it all on that back line, by any means. I've been thinking long and hard about this. Everybody saw that the midfield just abdicated yesterday. When that happens, huge pressure is put on any back line, however good it is, because the ball just keeps pinging back at it, and it buckles. Yesterday was a combination of errors of judgement in defense, and a vacuum in front of it.

Everybody on the pitch has to learn how to defend including strikers.

Of course its not just a matter of your back four.

Probably our best intense football since the takeover was under Mancini at home when we had Barry and Dejong neither of them world beaters covering the DM positions freeing up Silva and Yaya.

Now Dinho or Ferna has to do the job of two midfielders and he isn't up to the task naturally.

If you notice Gabi Agbon is one of Villa's best defensive weapons in the side and likewise Hazard for Chelsea.

There are numerous other examples.

Look at how they position themselves how much ground they cover and where they spend their time on the pitch.

Rooney for Manure as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.