The Derby Post Match Thread

Good to see Otamendi looking the real deal, and both the Ferns played well.

Kev had a day to forget and unfortunately the Yaya conundrum goes on - can't play in a two but pushed forward he's a waste of a shirt now, we needed him on the ball.

Spot on about Yaya. I feared that would be the case and he was a passenger.

Overall I'll take the point. I'm a bit disappointed Pellegrini didn't go for it in the second half. I'd have hooked Toure not Sterling and move Kevin into the middle.

Fernando, Fernandinho, and Otamendi were excellent.

The received wisdom seems to be that Sterling's best position is on the left. I wish someone would explain to me why. Surely he would find it easier on the right so he could beat the full back on the outside?

I would have preferred it if we'd given Kelechi longer than 10 minutes, he looked dangerous when he came on. Bony played well in the first half though.

I thought Rooney on Otamendi from the free kick may have been a pen. Sterling was lucky to get away with one earlier from a short corner though.

KDB was poor but still created our best chance for Yaya in first half, also out a dangerous one for Bony in second half. Even when he's playing poorly I always feel he has a moment in him.

Overall, we have to feel happier than them. They were at home and had a fully fit squad. I would have taken a point at the start so can't complain.

Last edited:
Desperately missing Silva's imput today. Should hopefully have him back next week.

He should be phased out slowly from now. If Silva had been fit & we had to gind a centre mid place for Yaya, Utd would have run straight through us.

Ye, I can see that, with Soriano looking at some quality ball playing CM's for next season onwards.

Think today proved Yaya can't play two games in a week, plodded around and didn't press the way we needed to take the game to them. Fernando and Fernandhino looked top draw shame everyone else in front of them were not up for it, United were there for the taking.

Agree on Yaya he needs resting against Palace, Fernando and Fernadhino do seem to be a good pairing.

Would like Nacho given his chance Wednesday and Roberts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.