The Derby Post Match Thread

Can't say I'm happy but I am confident in the reverse fixture and the league will be between city and arsenal depending on key injuries. Today they could double up on sterling and kdb but they can't do that when kun and/or silva play. The only option today from the bench to affect the attack was kelechi (who should of got half an hour) Delph, kun, silva & nasri could all of either started or come off the bench to improve us utd only missed Shaw so if both squads are fit we should/would piss it. Defense wise miles better ota was great as was kompany. Personally I thought clatternburgh gave every 50/50 their way. Ota on another day could of got a pen, sterling got fouled a lot and got nothing and their argie could of seen red for studding navas' face. Defiantly more positives than negatives today.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.

Bollocks, I'm afraid.

We are more talented that the Rags but they are not a poor side. They are a very expensively assembled side with a capable manger, a generally good defensive record and playing at home at virtually full strength.

That you think we had 4 or 5 players below par, in addition to 5 players who could easily have started the game, just makes the point all the better.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.
Tell me how Chelsea won the title last year. Did they go out & try to win against title rivals when away from home? Nope they went & ground out a draw - boring but sensible. We win at home against United & we get 4 from 6 against them. 4 from 6 against rivals is always a good return. You don't have to win every match to win the title.

You can claim United are a poor team, but they're not that bad, there's a reason they could have gone top with a win today. And yes of course our squad is stronger, but a point away at a title rival, in a derby where form goes out the window half the time anyway, is not a bad result.

As for everyone playing poor.. Do you really think we went out for a win today? Looked clear to me from the off our number 1 priority was not to lose, then if we could nick it on the counter then its a bonus. The guys doing all the work today were our back 6 guys & all except Kolarov were great defensively for me. Surprised Pellegrini went for this tactic as it didn't seem in his locker, but he obviously set out to be solid & the team achieved that.

Yes but surely you knew what I was implying??
That all 5 get in our best 11? Only 2, maybe 3, do. The number of injuries we have right now is pretty standard. We're just unlucky that 2 of them are our best two players.

we set up to not lose this one and we didn't even if some on here think that we have the right to win 4-0 every game and attack like mad mans today we gain a point instead of losing two...well done to ota and dinho who were immense today roll on norwich next sat!!!!

Its united that needed to win and they showed virtually no ambition to win the game. If I was a city fan I would be happy with the point. Your upcoming fixtures look all winnable and I think you will win the league by a distance.

If aguero and Silva had been on that pitch you would have done them by a few..

Anyhow's my that's final input into your forum, and I wish you all the best for the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.