The Derby Post Match Thread

We are more talented that the Rags but they are not a poor side. They are a very expensively assembled side with a capable manger, a generally good defensive record and playing at home at virtually full strength.

That you think we had 4 or 5 players below par, in addition to 5 players who could easily have started the game, just makes the point all the better.
Again spot on, they might not be as good as us, but van gaal has them very well organised which is why the sum of their parts is better than the talent they have at their disposal, and why they are only 2 points behind us.

We can go back to all out attack next week, when the risk is far smaller, toady we went to OT to nick that game, soaking up whatever they threw at us, and try to hit them on the break, we weren't far off either, but not dropping three points to them was very important, and it was achieved.

Dug in well.
like a marriage going nowhere city and yaya need an amicable split in january

So its NOT half then.Now who`s missing something ... an abacus board. ;)

I don't want a fight mate. I just don't agree with you. I think it's a good point but feel so sorry for you and hope you get over us only getting a point.

Tell me how Chelsea won the title last year. Did they go out & try to win against title rivals when away from home? Nope they went & ground out a draw - boring but sensible. We win at home against United & we get 4 from 6 against them. 4 from 6 against rivals is always a good return. You don't have to win every match to win the title.

You can claim United are a poor team, but they're not that bad, there's a reason they could have gone top with a win today. And yes of course our squad is stronger, but a point away at a title rival, in a derby where form goes out the window half the time anyway, is not a bad result.

As for everyone playing poor..
Do you really think we went out for a win today? Looked clear to me from the off our number 1 priority was not to lose, then if we could nick it on the counter then its a bonus. The guys doing all the work today were our back 6 guys & all except Kolarov were great defensively for me. Surprised Pellegrini went for this tactic as it didn't seem in his locker, but he obviously set out to be solid & the team achieved that.
Show me where I`ve stated this ????

Spot on about Yaya. I feared that would be the case and he was a passenger.

Overall I'll take the point. I'm a bit disappointed Pellegrini didn't go for it in the second half. I'd have hooked Toure not Sterling and move Kevin into the middle.

Fernando, Fernandinho, and Otamendi were excellent.
Problem with the Ferns though is that neither of them can conduct the orchestra, hence why we kept giving the scum the ball back. We needed Yaya deep to be moving the ball about.

Never going to be easy without Merlin, happy with the point and we move on.

I truly am shocked that people actually think that was a "good point" today.For me it was two points dropped as its so clear that we have the stronger squad but we had players who turned in some terrible performances today.The defence were superb,as was both Ferno and Nandi,but we can`t carry on with 4-5 players being so below par.
They were there for the taking and I am sick of the piss poor excuses that we didn`t win because we had two of our best players missing.We had enough quality to turn in a better performance against a truly bog standard team.
Obviously my expectation are higher than some Blues on here.
A point away against a poor team is not in my opinion a "good point" but two dropped.
But carry on all you happy clappers.
It was a great point. Chelsea last year were more than happy taking one point away in the "big" games. And we did that missing our heart beat in our two best players.

It showed Peller's can change things up and has tactical nous.

United aren't a bog standard team by respects.

I think you're just on your period again. Either that or just so much more of a big blue than the vast majority that think you need to wipe your Fanny.

So glad it's over. We miss Silva massively and KDB won't play worse for a while I hope.

To be fair on him, everytime he got the ball, he had three to contend with. Manure could afford to do that today as we lacked quality elsewhere. If Kun and Merlin were on the pitch, they would only be able to singularly mark him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.