The Derby Post Match Thread

Catch 22. How I saw it too. We need yaya in there to control possession and work the ball but when he is in there we are very vulnerable without the ball.
He has been immense for us but his time as a starter is over.

We could have played him in a central 3 which would have given us the protection of the 2 Ferns but still with someone who who could pick the ball up deep and retain possession for us.

Good result I thought, our defence was a lot solid with Kompany back, Otamendi had a blinder today, as already been posted to play that shower at that dump and to come away with a point isn't to bad considering they put out their strongest side against us, I thought Yaya had a poor one, De Bryune was constantly being surrounded by 2/3 players all the time, while Sterling had an off day, Bony didn't seem to click today for me.........anyhow well done guys..........

That was 2 teams that snuffed each other out and were both determined not to lose. Considering the circumstances with injuries, and the drop in quality that results from it (Sergio --> Bony) you'll take a point all day.

Thought we were defensively fantastic and gave them very little, and the 2 ferns definitely provide a good solid base from which the attacking players can play off.

I personally think we made it easy for the rags today because everything we did we played in front of them. To some degree you have to give them credit as they suffocated KDB and squeezed the pitch to limit us from gaining any meaningful possession. But I felt we could have wanted the ball more in some areas and been 10x sharper with our passes.

I thought we missed Toure in deeper positions for his passing ability and nack for controlling a game, but we were far more solid as a result so you can't have it both ways I suppose.

Overall, it'll do. We're top and have got yet another tough away game out the way in addition to keeping them lot in their place. If they'd have won they would have been right in it and maybe believed they could go the distance.

Onwards and upwards, bring on Palace.

A lot of people want to dismiss them as shit but we have to accept that whilst we have the better team and squad they are still a strong team at home and are difficult to beat there. A point is an acceptable result, even moreso when you consider the injuries we've currently got. Thought Pellegrini actually got it right taking Yaya off and bringing on MDM. He was doing nothing all game, united had him under control it made sense to bring him off and strengthen the midfield. A point keeps us in the driving seat and we've always got the home game to smash them in. Going for it at the end and losing would not only of given them the points to go above us but also would of been a huge psychological boost for them. They've talked about only being able to consider themselves title contenders if they beat us. Well they've just played their best team against us for 90 minutes at home and managed about 3 shots.
Excellent

the sign if champions play poorly but don't get beat - fucks sake man city have nothing to worry about - your a ace team and any team in the prem would give its chairman's back teeth to have your quality...

Chin up, you will win the league

And that really is my last input, thankyou for not telling me to fuck off lol...

Got to give credit to Sky where it's due. It's nice that they give jobs to blind people, especially jobs that involves giving players match ratings.

That's the only explanation I can think of as to why Kompany was rated a 5 and Rooney a 6.

I understand where you are coming from but the rags were shite !!
We were fantastic in defence.
The same players ran through us like a dose of salts last season when our legs went after 10 mins. Today, we were almost in a similar position fatigue wise. The effort DeBruyne & Fernandinho put in midweek was immense. We were right up against it today. I was watching the huge gaps appearing v Seville & the work those two were having to do & quietly having nightmares about Pellegrini treating today's game with the same kind of wide open attitude.

Of course if everyone is 100% fit & rested you would hope for more cohesive attacking, but they are not.

This was a classic title winning type performance & I'd snap your hand off for the same at Arsenal if positions are similar & a point will do. Not losing was the most important result today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.