The Derby Post Match Thread

Let's be honest we did nothing that entire second half. Yes we looked solid and that's a plus but attacking wise we were non existent. Utd defended De Bruyne and co very well, gave them zero time on the ball and time and time again won it back instantly. Yayas legs have gone and he can't play that attacking role he was asked to do. We looked more solid with the two Ferns so personally think we should look to flog him off come summer time.

according to the turtle , we were lucky , maybe he should consider he has just blown his best chance of beating us ever again , because with silva and aguero , we win that game in a canter . A decent point with our injury situation and MP proving a lot people wrong about his tactical nous , the rags had a couple of half chances and ridiculous clutching a t straws penalty appeal to show for 90 minutes , we were comfortable. Has Otamendi let shrek out of his pocket yet ?

Excellent defensive display today. As much as I was disappointed that Mangala didn't play, I have to concede that Otamendi was MotM, something I called well before the end of the game.

The front four didn't deliver, but that was mainly because scum gave them no time nor space. Kev was particularly poor; his crosses rarely looked like they were going anywhere near their intended target, apart from the glorious chance Yaya had just before half-time.

The rags showed little ambition going forward and now I understand why the scummy bastards are slagging off shrek; he was dreadful.

Heard a rag on with Collymoron earlier and he said that there was only one team looking to win the game and City clearly came for a draw. I don't know what match he was watching, but it certainly wasn't the derby.

Try sitting in the Utd end whilst losing 5-0. Take a point, clean sheet and going top over that every day of the week.

erm,
try assuming that you are not the only person to have sat in the united end, on several occasions.

of course a point to go top is superb, otamendi is a warrior, i'm onboard all the way,
we defended like kings, they hardly worried us.

i didn't make my point very well,
i wasn't for a second suggesting it was the worst experience as a city fan in a derby,
not by a long chalk,
i was just saying as far as a football match goes it was a shocker that those fuckers didn't want to try to beat us.

When all is said and done, even though we are without our two most influential players, without a shed load of other players, we are at their ground and they were third in the league, we expected to beat them going into the game and it is disappointing that we haven't beaten them.

I suppose that is a measure of how far we have travelled.

according to the turtle , we were lucky , maybe he should consider he has just blown his best chance of beating us ever again , because with silva and aguero , we win that game in a canter . A decent point with our injury situation and MP proving a lot people wrong about his tactical nous , the rags had a couple of half chances and ridiculous clutching a t straws penalty appeal to show for 90 minutes , we were comfortable. Has Otamendi let shrek out of his pocket yet ?
Can't believe this was the penalty shout, thought it was a kick out at Raheem,, talk about clutching at straws !!

Bony very poor today.

Just like to say well done Gary Neville, very fair impartial commentary (as always), he actually said (arguably) Kun and Merlin were the two best players in the premiership.

A point won, not two points lost (imo).

We deserved a point. Our defence was pretty decent. Going from midfield to forward we lacked the magic of Dave.
KDB looked tired and wasn't as influential as I had hoped.

Utd are no great shakes, but OT is one of those 'tough' away games and the onus was on them. We were barely troubled, we took a point and we've get a traditional tough fixture out of the way. It's results and performances like today that win titles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.