The Derby Post Match Thread

For me, we were tactically perfect and this was possibly Manuel's finest showing in this regard.

He struck the perfect balance of feeling a point was good enough but with just enough going forward.

Bony had an excellent first half but along with KDB and Sterling, made little headway.

Every substitute and the timing of it was bang on.

This is the set-up which will win us this league and the introduction of Silva and Sergio into this mix gives a glimpse of what can be achieved if we do leave Yaya out.

Fernando is a revelation and Fernandinho is a one-man revolution.

Martial is dangerous as fuck and the kid was unlucky with his flick on to the bar but I felt we always kept them at distance and played well within ourselves.

Now for the machine to crank it up.

Well done Blues.

For me, we were tactically perfect and this was possibly Manuel's finest showing in this regard.

He struck the perfect balance of feeling a point was good enough but with just enough going forward.

Bony had an excellent first half but along with KDB and Sterling, made little headway.

This is the set-up which will win us this league and the introduction of Silva and Sergio into this mix gives a glimpse of what can be achieved if we do leave Yaya out.

Martial is dangerous as fuck and the kid was unlucky with his flick on to the bar but I felt we always kept them at distance and played well within ourselves.

Well done Blues.
Glad I am not the only one who saw this

Well done Blues.

sorry to point out little thing and may be wrong but wasn't it lingaard who flicked it onto the bar?

TBH, I expected MP to start with Navas wide right, KDB as No 10, Sterling wide left and for Yaya to be in CM with Fernandinho, but the starting line up and formation said to me that we definitely went there not to get beat which was a surprising tactical move which could prove to be invaluable come the end or the season.

Would you have started with Yaya in a midfield 2 with Fernandinho or with Fernando instead of Yaya?

I'd have dropped Yaya and brought him on 2nd half to give us control.

if Chelsea had gone there without their two top players and got a good point, imagine the wankfest over mourinho being a tactical master.

Exactly. Some expect us to spank teams 6-0 every game and if we don't then we have somehow failed. Last season, Chelsea were boring but Mo was a master tactician

sorry to point out little thing and may be wrong but wasn't it lingaard who flicked it onto the bar?

Didn't say it wasn't. The kid bring Lingaard.

My point being, you can't legislate for a touch of class and despite our perfect set-up, that's the best they could manage.

I thought it was a brilliant game to watch, a real chess match at a very high European level.

Kompany and Otamendi were rocks and also gives great hope for future.

I was buzzing to see a City team play like that, all methodical and something we might have seen Chelsea receive plaudits for in recent years?

Our best performance of the season outside of the Chelsea game by a country mile.

6 games in the league where a point is fine, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool...Outside of that I'm always disappointed if we don't take maximum points. So 3 of these games gone already.

Thought going forward we where poor today, but defence was solid...United defended well especially Rojo and Valencia...United created a couple of chances towards the end but we where hardly holding on...We didn't really have many chances but at times United where open to the counter but a mis placed or wrong pass stopped us creating a break of note.

When you play bad don't lose!!

I just don't know what should I do on this site to download the game. After registering and clicking on download, some weird script opens up and the download won't start.
Without wishing to give too much away (if you haven't seen the game), a friendly word of advice; don't bother downloading the game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.