The Derby Post Match Thread

Didn't say it wasn't. The kid bring Lingaard.

My point being, you can't legislate for a touch of class and despite our perfect set-up, that's the best they could manage.

I thought it was a brilliant game to watch, a real chess match at a very high European level.

Kompany and Otamendi were rocks and also gives great hope for future.

I was buzzing to see a City team play like that, all methodical and something we might have seen Chelsea receive plaudits for in recent years?

Our best performance of the season outside of the Chelsea game by a country mile.

yeah sorry mate just re-read it and i read it wrong.

Thought we were brilliant today although we didn't have goals and astounding attacking football - the defensive work was second to none.

Like you said nico and kompany were brilliant and so glad kompany is back forming a partnership with nico as well as the established partnership with mangala.

Hopefully when it applies in europe we take advantage of this system because when we keep focused we can defend as well as we attack.

For me, we were tactically perfect and this was possibly Manuel's finest showing in this regard.

He struck the perfect balance of feeling a point was good enough but with just enough going forward.

Bony had an excellent first half but along with KDB and Sterling, made little headway.

Every substitute and the timing of it was bang on.

This is the set-up which will win us this league and the introduction of Silva and Sergio into this mix gives a glimpse of what can be achieved if we do leave Yaya out.

Fernando is a revelation and Fernandinho is a one-man revolution.

Martial is dangerous as fuck and the kid was unlucky with his flick on to the bar but I felt we always kept them at distance and played well within ourselves.

Now for the machine to crank it up.

Well done Blues.
Spot on mate. I totally agree.

My point being, you can't legislate for a touch of class and despite our perfect set-up, that's the best they could manage.

I thought it was a brilliant game to watch, a real chess match at a very high European level.

I was buzzing to see a City team play like that, all methodical and something we might have seen Chelsea receive plaudits for in recent years?

Our best performance of the season outside of the Chelsea game by a country mile.

Best performance in defence maybe. But our front 4 were fairly static and clumsy in possession and handled very comfortably by a United defence which is hardly the stuff of legends. We created precisely 1 decent chance in 94 minutes, that being deBruyne's through ball which Toure scuffed.

We played better against Everton away .
But i agree with all the injuries we had today that was very good by Manuel Pellergrini

For me, we were tactically perfect and this was possibly Manuel's finest showing in this regard.

He struck the perfect balance of feeling a point was good enough but with just enough going forward.

Bony had an excellent first half but along with KDB and Sterling, made little headway.

Every substitute and the timing of it was bang on.

This is the set-up which will win us this league and the introduction of Silva and Sergio into this mix gives a glimpse of what can be achieved if we do leave Yaya out.

Fernando is a revelation and Fernandinho is a one-man revolution.

Martial is dangerous as fuck and the kid was unlucky with his flick on to the bar but I felt we always kept them at distance and played well within ourselves.

Now for the machine to crank it up.

Well done Blues.
Agree absolutely. Have to say I really enjoyed seeing us play an error free defensive game (apart from one kolorov mistake) otamendi had his best game for us. Fernandinho was immense. Good to see manuel getting subs spot on.

Agree with Ratboy on this, good European style away performance. Our 2 most dangerous players injured, we played it safe, but how do you hit a team on the counter attack that doesn't attack!

Full squad at home we will batter this lot, only players they have that would get in our first 11 - none. Herrera & Martial would be squad players, don't believe the hype, bang average side stifling other teams due to their lack of quality.

Very disappointed by our lack of ambition.
Can't really fault the players, I think the instruction can down from above to play this sort of game and just try to snatch 1 on the break.

I've defended Bony, but I think Kelechi deserves a start to see more of what he offers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.