The Difference between us and a title winning side?

bluemoon32 said:
KentBlue said:
A keeper that can come out for crosses is worth their weight in gold.

Joe Hart got a bit carried away with the idea though. Most of the time I found myself thinking god I wish he would just stay put for once.

Blue Coop said:
I thought last night we dominated for huge spells like a Top 4 team would. We are playing teams that finished above us last year and completely dominating. Okay, Villa away will be a tough old game and Spurs should be interesting. But them two aside (Two teams i'd still be very confident against, mind) we don't really have anyone to worry us.

Every team drops points in unexpected places but also make up for them in unexpected places too.

I see that as 26 Should win games (13x2) = 78 Points

I am increasingly we can finish in the Top 4.

EDIT: I made a post saying we still had a lot to prove and we were poor against rags 2nd half and arse were rubbish defensively. But I have changed my mind.

Not only are we playing well, most importantly our squad is incredible. The fact that we brushed West Ham aside yesterday so convincingly, yet we were without Adebayor and Robinho, is unbelievable really. Add to the fact that Ireland wasn't playing, Johnno and RSC are not sharp yet, we are missing Kompany. What a squad we have.

I think this alone will see us through to 5th at least, and probably top 4.

We are not far off - against poor opposition you don't think we will get beat - this is already a major improvement.

The difference ultimately will be experience of winning, and the fact the top 4 still have that fear factor which makes teams st back and try to hold on rather than try to win the game as we did against Rags.

We have a few positions which can be improved on but so do the other top 4 clubs.

Not playing in Europe will help.

Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:
The only diffference between us and a Premiership title winning side is we haven't won one yet.

That's true in the sense that we need the deterimination, confidence and belief that comes with success.

But tonight and in other games this season I have seen that building.

A case in point, at the recent Derby, we should have never been contented with a DRAW!
We should have gone for the jugular vein after we scored the third goal at the end of regulation time, rather than staying back contented to fight for a draw at OT. This is a fatal mistake and not the right strategy, as most visitors found out in the dying minutes of stoppage time.
Why offer MU a psychological advantage and continue perpetuating their mystique about winning in injury time?
We had them on the ropes after the introduction of Petrov and perhaps should have brought in Weiss for a stale or uninspired Ireland to force the attack.
We should have gambled the 1-pt for the greater 3 pts. Perhaps Micah had the right perspective rather than the others who lay back!
This strategy would have dovetailed with our new blueprint of forging a winning culture! We should WALK the TALK.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1124728_cook_eyes_new_city_era?rss=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ra?rss=yes</a>
Hopefully my suggestion will be a template for other OT visitors to defeat the scums!

Thats the Difference between us and a Title Winning side.

Regarding substitutions (Rocky), keeping Bellers and Tevez, the indefatigable offensive duo, for the whole game against WHU last night was the right move by Sparky.

Glauber.jpg

the answer was right under our nose BUT WE LET IT SLIP AWAY

Bilbo. Gotta disagree with you. Know West Ham aint brilliant at the mo, but we didnt let them play. Thought Bellamy and Tevez were awesome defending from the front.

i think we can win the title this year, we just have to get behind the team every game, the top 4 are good but nothing to be scared of.

Whilst the difference may not necessarily be John Terry himself , it's got to be someone like him ....... we need a real leader at the back , someone with height and stature ...... we look a bag of nerves back there at times , and lose far too many high balls in our own box ....... we need a commanding centre-back ...... i said when we signed Lescott that he wasn't a centre-back , more someone who could play off one , and i think that kompany's pretty much in the same mould as Lescott ....... we need to startt looking around and bring someone in in january to REALLY bolster this defence , something we should have done last summer!

We should forget about Terry (not for trying) and Dunne. They are history and should not be in our scheme of things. Right?

To me Toure/Lescott are or will be world class centrebacks. They will clicked, its just a few games (for crying out loud) into the season. What we need is a tall presence like Ade or Rocky for set pieces which we didn't have in the last 3 games. Relax guys, everything will come together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.