the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
Commodity prices are starting to fall, which is very bad news indeed for Australia and parts of Africa, Brazil is also starting to feel the pinch

It always happens the pundits tell us that so and so country or countries are going to be the next economic giant but they are almost always wrong, mainly because they are trying to ramp up some foreign investment fund, as Sir James Goldsmith once famously said

"When you spot a bandwagon you've missed it" sage advice for all investors
That loon twinkletoes was telling anyone and everyone to put money in gold this time last year much to my disagreement. It's down 22% since then.

Vanadium mining is where it's at, not that I've got enough spare cash to actually invest anything in it.

without a dream said:
SWP's back said:
Ducado said:
Commodity prices are starting to fall, which is very bad news indeed for Australia and parts of Africa, Brazil is also starting to feel the pinch

It always happens the pundits tell us that so and so country or countries are going to be the next economic giant but they are almost always wrong, mainly because they are trying to ramp up some foreign investment fund, as Sir James Goldsmith once famously said

"When you spot a bandwagon you've missed it" sage advice for all investors
That loon twinkletoes was telling anyone and everyone to put money in gold this time last year much to my disagreement. It's down 22% since then.

Vanadium mining is where it's at, not that I've got enough spare cash to actually invest anything in it.

Is that the stuff they put in smart phones

BoyBlue_1985 said:
without a dream said:
SWP's back said:

Is that the stuff they put in smart phones

It's used as an alloy to strengthen steel, I think the demand on it's going to go way up because of new Chinese legislation.

metalblue said:
stonerblue said:
So when will interest rates on savings go back up now we're on the up and up ???

The QE exit is in sight, advanced economies are getting on a footing to handle shocks from a rate increase, especially the US. For UK I expect a modest rate increase (0.25%) sometime during second half 2015, I would go further and say Q4 2015. After that I see a fairly regular uptick in rates, 2016 averaging around 3%, 2017 4%. UK neutral rate of 4.5% should seen in 2017.

-- Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:51 pm --

The eurozone has one more rate cut in it, probably at end of this year

Surprised the markets that one. Another 18 months of this then up we go

metalblue said:
metalblue said:

Hiya mate,

Just curious. Intuitively, why does this announcement make you think the economy is going to improve?

A round of QE, to try and increase lending?

roaminblue said:
metalblue said:
metalblue said:

Hiya mate,

Just curious. Intuitively, why does this announcement make you think the economy is going to improve?

A round of QE, to try and increase lending?

Hi mate

I was referring to the UK rates rather than being bullish growth. What today tells me the ECB are committed to fiscal policy. Eurozone outlook remains gloomy (despite some +ve numbers), more QE seems inevitable.

We need to have them beers, how you fixed next week?

metalblue said:
Hi mate

I was referring to the UK rates rather than being bullish growth. What today tells me the ECB are committed to fiscal policy. Eurozone outlook remains gloomy (despite some +ve numbers), more QE seems inevitable.

Next week is good mate. Can do Monday, Tuesday or Friday really mate if any of them are good?

roaminblue said:
metalblue said:
Hi mate

Next week is good mate. Can do Monday, Tuesday or Friday really mate if any of them are good?

Tuesday is good mate.

metalblue said:
roaminblue said:
metalblue said:
Hi mate

Tuesday is good mate.

Quality mate, same bar as last time? I'll get the beers in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.