the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to Interupt your chat. Saw another crane going up in Manchester today. A couple of years ago there were none. Now city, first street, ancoats, the town hall, allied London at the old itv site just that I can think of are all starting or on the go.

worsleyweb said:
Sorry to Interupt your chat. Saw another crane going up in Manchester today. A couple of years ago there were none. Now city, first street, ancoats, the town hall, allied London at the old itv site just that I can think of are all starting or on the go.

Are you suggesting that cranes are the next major uk investment opportunity ?

Davs 19 said:
worsleyweb said:

Ha! No but good to see construction starting again

worsleyweb said:
Davs 19 said:
worsleyweb said:

Ha! No but good to see construction starting again

Isn't it just

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.constructionenquirer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.constructionenquirer.com/</a>

Manchester has ridden the economic storm better than some other cities in my opinion. The city is progressing well and without getting into second city arguments the profile of city, united, the NBC, the university, peel, spinning fields, our wonderful owners, the airport development, football museum, Salford quays developments have all been great for the city in recent years.

European football night are also great for the cities economy. I walked from deans gate station today past the Hilton, gmex, bridge waters hall, the midland, the town hall and I actually thought it looked amazing! Sometimes we don't appreciate what's on our doorstep. Let's hope things keep improving in our great city.

I think in ten to fifteen years it will be a different place again.

Davs 19 said:
worsleyweb said:

Used to work for a big insurance company that wrote a lot of business on the London Insurance Market (which is the insurance companies equivalent of Lloyds). Basically a number of companies take a small part of a huge risk so have to set the premium they're prepared to accept and don't want to be too high or too low.

I asked one of the main underwriters how they set the premium and he said it depended on a number of factors, one of which was which way the market was heading. I asked how they judged that and they said they counted the cranes they could see out of the window and if there were more than last week they reckoned the market was on the up.

All the indications I've see are that the NW is doing as well as anywhere, excluding London.

I own a permanent recruitment company and we are the busiest we have been since 2008. We recruit across the UK and Europe and things have really started to pick up over the last few months. Most of my clients are in manufacturing and seem to be more optimistic about the future than I can remember.

Long may it continue.

Things are looking better, although far from perfect.
Just pray to god that Red Ed and his fellow fuckwits don't win the next election, otherwise back to square one.

red 2 hats said:
Things are looking better, although far from perfect.
Just pray to god that Red Ed and his fellow fuckwits don't win the next election, otherwise back to square one.

Negate this before it happens and vote UKIP.

The revolution is upon us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.