The end of Dzeko

Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:
Nor did we buy him from United.

The Sun says we're in advanced negotiations with Bilbao for Llorente (a replacement), do we really need a big target man in this system of our's though?

Did Barca need a target man yesterday against Chelsea?

I would be so bold and say that ANY team, needs a target man when the opposition drops into the lap of their keeper. Seeing Alvez cross with Messi against Cahill and Terry in the middle made me chuckle every time. Desperation time.

I believe Plan B was the reason Guardiola bought Ibrahimovic. With the added bonus of Ibra being a creative player with a good first touch and great vision. Messi then of course decided he wanted to play up front and Ibra is a waste of space on the wings, so Zlatan had to leave. Same situation; WTF was Guardiola thinking?

What will make me fucking laugh is if Mancini gets his wingers, we start crossing to Aguero and Tevez when the opposition sits deep - and Dzeko has left for Bayern, banging in goals at will from the service of two of the best wingers in the game - Ribery and Robben.

Chelsea didn't do shite to Barca. Next to the post and poor finishing it could have been 4-1. Target man or not.

Jumanji said:
John Guidetti 6'2"....target man?

I think he is a tad over 6 foot(181cm).

Besides,from what ive seen of him in the past,he isn't a classic target man,he holds the ball up well but also likes to run at defenders.Unless his game has changed significantly,i'd say he plays in the Kevin Davies/Bendtner mould.

de niro said:
LoveCity said:

The Sun says we're in advanced negotiations with Bilbao for Llorente (a replacement), do we really need a big target man in this system of our's though?

I'm not sure about this guy either, not right for us.
Cavani please.

do you watch italian football? why people here always ask Cavani? Do you know Cavani would probably be worse then Dzeko here!?. Relies on service more dzeko, especially wide. Lucky to cavani to score 15 goals here. Also cavani so good in italy because Napoli built around him, counter attacking football. would take him couple years adjust. No good.

FantasyIreland said:
Jumanji said:

Besides,from what ive seen of him in the past,he isn't a classic target man,he holds the ball up well but also likes to run at defenders.Unless his game has changed significantly,i'd say he plays in the Kevin Davies/Bendtner mould.

At the risk of being picky, if he's 181cm that's a shade over 5'11". Having said that you don't have to be huge to be good in the air, Cahill and Dempsey spring (no pun intended) to mind.

Comrade Buka said:
LoveCity said:

Did Barca need a target man yesterday against Chelsea?

I would be so bold and say that ANY team, needs a target man when the opposition drops into the lap of their keeper. Seeing Alvez cross with Messi against Cahill and Terry in the middle made me chuckle every time. Desperation time.

I believe Plan B was the reason Guardiola bought Ibrahimovic. With the added bonus of Ibra being a creative player with a good first touch and great vision. Messi then of course decided he wanted to play up front and Ibra is a waste of space on the wings, so Zlatan had to leave. Same situation; WTF was Guardiola thinking?

What will make me fucking laugh is if Mancini gets his wingers, we start crossing to Aguero and Tevez when the opposition sits deep - and Dzeko has left for Bayern, banging in goals at will from the service of two of the best wingers in the game - Ribery and Robben.

messi plays like target man for Barca all time.. always connecting end of crosses, low and high. for small man he gets high and has good head... watch him sometimes and you will see this..

Ibra is not target man.. when barca buy him they didnt uspply from wings but centrally lie they play now. he left because lie you say messi play as striker but he was no plan b (ibra).

Also people stop syaing Dzeko leave to Bayern lol. Bayern have best target men in world, probably best poacher in Gomez. Dzeko not get one game there since bayern make play 1 striker...

also btw barca today should win 5-1, no target men or with one.

FantasyIreland said:
Jumanji said:

Oh yeah, I know that but he's got height and the physicality to get on the end of a cross I'd imagine :).

if you have know 2 shyts about football you know that Ed is a footballing god next to Gomez. Give him the service Gomez is receiving and he'll bang in 40. Hell, give Ibra that kind of service and you're looking at 50 league goals! LOL...too much?

I really hope Dzeko stays, but it will only be worth while if we change some things around him. Since that won't happen I don't see him staying. Also, don't think he would stay just to make a few thousand more per year...doesn't seem like the type of guy.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 am --<br /><br />
GreekBlue said:
de niro said:
LoveCity said:

I'm not sure about this guy either, not right for us.
Cavani please.

do you watch italian football? why people here always ask Cavani? Do you know Cavani would probably be worse then Dzeko here!?. Relies on service more dzeko, especially wide. Lucky to cavani to score 15 goals here. Also cavani so good in italy because Napoli built around him, counter attacking football. would take him couple years adjust. No good.

I have to agree with you on Cavani for the most part. Very nice player, but mostly makes for very good highlights. If you watch him over the course of an entire season you realize that he does require a whole lot of maintenance.

Besides, didn't he just commit to a multi-year contract with Napoli.

Personally I think it's unrealistic to think that Dzeko will move back to Germany. If he does, it will be at a significant loss and I imagine with City subsidising his wages. Can't see it happening, and would make more sense to give him another season and see if we can get the best out of him.

Very short term thinking if we start trying to offload a player 18 months after we signed him for a significant loss just because he's had a poor season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.