The end of Dzeko

pudge said:
No17 said:
pudge said:
How's Dzeko different?

no difference at all mate...only thing that is different is that gomez plays in a system that suits him whereas dzeko doesn't which reflects on their scoring record
Edin should learn to adapt then

Actually - it depends on how you do that, too. Before he played for Bayern he was more the counter attacking forward at Stuttgart - and he was really successfull there, too. So he certainly ain't the technically best forward - that is why he did not make it into the Bayern team very often in 2009/10 - but that is a two way project - a team has to change it style to adapt to that forward and the forward has to adapt, too.

But - Gomez now functions in this system. And nobody is as good in that role than he is. He knows that he is highly depend on the others around him.

Dzeko is a similar type - a target man the team has to adapt to to make him work really well and when the team does they will have very much fun with him. There might be players that function without this - but at the end they will seldom be as successful as a player like Dzeko or Gomez can be. At Wolfsburg the key to that was Misimovic - actually a former Bayern youth player that did not make it at Bayern in young age (he was a really great talent but had to learn that talent is not enough and you have to work for it - some need longer for this-he is no easy type, too).

Actually - that Bayern B-team had a midfield with Alou Diarra, Owen Hargreaves and Misimovic in 2000... ;) - one french international, one English and a bosnian - all have more than 40 caps... Owen made it into the professional team, Alou Diarra was somewhat overseen and went away in 2002 and Misimovic just needed time to develop.

-- Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:35 pm --

Sometimes he makes pretty goals...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrn3J2T88KQ[/youtube]

Dzeko will be here next season, he want's to be here and if RM plays it smart - everyone will be happy.

JasminBosnia said:
Out of interest, who were the players who assisted Edin whilst he scored 26 and 22 goals in Wolfsburg? It wasn't just Zvjezdan Misimovic right? Thank you all in advance.

they were playing diamond midfield , so no wingers at all.

Mancio said:
JasminBosnia said:
Out of interest, who were the players who assisted Edin whilst he scored 26 and 22 goals in Wolfsburg? It wasn't just Zvjezdan Misimovic right? Thank you all in advance.

they were playing diamond midfield , so no wingers at all.

They had the wing-backs deliver crosses a lot though.

No17 said:
pudge said:
No17 said:
no difference at all mate...only thing that is different is that gomez plays in a system that suits him whereas dzeko doesn't which reflects on their scoring record
Edin should learn to adapt then

very true, that's why I hope he stays and fights for the place instead of sulking like against wba...he has it in him, he is a hard worker, that's why I said earlier I don't think he's a player who gives up that easily...

it's no excuse for his shite performance against wba but he said on his twitter that he's sick...maybe that's why he didn't come on against norwich and was so shit against wba...

one thing is for sure it will be an interesting transfer window this summer...

wonder if he might start against wolves...he's done well against them in the previous two encounters...

Barring injury I don't think he'll ever start a game for us again. Him being a good target man who would be good in a different system is a complete myth. Good target men make the ball stick up front by having a good touch, good strength, hard work and bring others in to play with good intelligence and technique. Dzeko has none of these things.

His only attribute is that he's a thoroughly nice fella, so I wish him all the luck and success in the world. But I'm afraid as a footballer he is simply not good enough for the Premier League.

Shaelumstash said:
Barring injury I don't think he'll ever start a game for us again. Him being a good target man who would be good in a different system is a complete myth. Good target men make the ball stick up front by having a good touch, good strength, hard work and bring others in to play with good intelligence and technique. Dzeko has none of these things.

His only attribute is that he's a thoroughly nice fella, so I wish him all the luck and success in the world. But I'm afraid as a footballer he is simply not good enough for the Premier League.

What a load of shite.

He works his nads off,doesn't give up and has gained us plenty of points by bringing others into play.As for being 'not good enough for the premier league' - seriously,get a grip.......

FantasyIreland said:
Shaelumstash said:

What a load of shite.

He works his nads off,doesn't give up and has gained us plenty of points by bringing others into play.As for being 'not good enough for the premier league' - seriously,get a grip.......

He is a very hard worker. He does what Tevez did Saturday, but just isn't good enough always. It's hard to drop deep and play the hold up role and still be on the other end of crosses. Especially for Ed who isn't the most pacy of customers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.