The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Absolutely moronic, ill thought out new rules from the council introduced with City’s blessing.

I used to park on James St outside the dog groomers on a stretch of road solely populated by businesses all of which have ample off-road parking at the front. Never saw any problems whatsoever with cars blocking entrances or congestion of any kind.

This area is now restricted so everyone parks their car 30 yds across the junction on the continuation of James Rd which is all residential on one side. Everyone was considerately parked but cars were cheek to jowel and there were situations whereby if a resident was reversing off their drive it was gonna be a bit of a tight angle with poor visibility.

So 30 or 40 cars park 30 or 40 yards further away and create a bit of a nuisance on a previously quiet residential street and nobody benefits. Brilliant.
Agree the parking restrictions are unnecessary in some areas but I can assure you, the Council did not need, want or care whether they had City’s “blessing”

I have been using a car park at the start of Ashton Old Road near piccadilly and they use to charge £10, always had spaces.
Its closed now and struggled today to park.

It looked like if you parked on the Alan Turing Way side of Joe Mercer Way in the blue car park, you had a piss easy get out with exit possible via the back of the car park near the old gas tower and the normal exit.

However, if you were parked on the other side, they've put bollards up on the main drag and were blocking the top crossover for fans to walk across so nothing was moving in that car park. Would love to hear from somebody who was parked on it how long it took to get out

How did cars get out of blue,I walked down Mercer why it’s got bollards now at the crossing so it’s all pedestrians now, it was great no bottlenecks, picked up the matchday bus on Alan Turing way and the road was basically empty, the coaches started to eventually filter out of blue but the road was still clear. It certainly seemed better for pedestrians and the coaches but I saw no cars leaving blue at all is there a rear exit somewhere?

Some of the things I find. :-)

An interesting read.

The pilot projects, which have been awarded grants of up to £400,000 each, will trial new solutions that use satellite data and services to support transport, logistics and financial services.

The trials will combine terrestrial data and technology (such as AI, quantum, machine learning and geospatial data) with satellite data and services, and provide deeper analysis to develop insights and present new solutions to UK customers.

One project with Sports City Management Company aims to enhance visitor travel to the Etihad Campus, which is home to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and the new Co-op Live arena, by reducing congestion and increasing the sustainability of fan travel.

The project will support the development of an AI-enabled travel demand solution, using satellite data from the European Space Agency’s Copernicus Open Access Hub and Sentinel satellites, to predict patterns in the travel of music and sports fans at major events. Coupled with machine learning, this provides transport operators and event planners with insight into congestion points, public transport requirements and crowd flow. This will be tested in a partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).

Some of the things I find. :-)

An interesting read.

The pilot projects, which have been awarded grants of up to £400,000 each, will trial new solutions that use satellite data and services to support transport, logistics and financial services.

The trials will combine terrestrial data and technology (such as AI, quantum, machine learning and geospatial data) with satellite data and services, and provide deeper analysis to develop insights and present new solutions to UK customers.

One project with Sports City Management Company aims to enhance visitor travel to the Etihad Campus, which is home to Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium and the new Co-op Live arena, by reducing congestion and increasing the sustainability of fan travel.

The project will support the development of an AI-enabled travel demand solution, using satellite data from the European Space Agency’s Copernicus Open Access Hub and Sentinel satellites, to predict patterns in the travel of music and sports fans at major events. Coupled with machine learning, this provides transport operators and event planners with insight into congestion points, public transport requirements and crowd flow. This will be tested in a partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).

Fantastic. In about ten years we’ll have the data to prove what we all know already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.