The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Let's stop people using their cars but not provide any viable alternatives. Fucking great this country isn't it.
I don't have a car but do ok with walking, trams, trains and taxis. I never spend a month on public transport what I used to spend on a car I did not drive 90% of the time.

I don't have a car but do ok with walking, trams, trains and taxis. I never spend a month on public transport what I used to spend on a car I did not drive 90% of the time.
Taxis are worse than driving yourself, and not a viable alternative to a car. My car cost about £250 a year before use, everyone is different.

Taxis are worse than driving yourself, and not a viable alternative to a car. My car cost about £250 a year before use, everyone is different.
Sure but I was paying £250 a month for a car. I then had tax, insurance and fuel and the car sat their all day Monday to Friday. Only really it used for few hours on Saturday and Sunday. Even if it cost be £250 a year I would not want a heap of metal clogging up outside my house not being used. We are all different but the UK does need less cars.

Sure but I was paying £250 a month for a car. I then had tax, insurance and fuel and the car sat their all day Monday to Friday. Only really it used for few hours on Saturday and Sunday. Even if it cost be £250 a year I would not want a heap of metal clogging up outside my house not being used. We are all different but the UK does need less cars.
You obviously live somewhere with decent public transport.

Are the restrictions in place for the Burnley game ?

I wouldn't of thought so, the consultation period for the new restrictions only finished today, it will take weeks if not months of work to paint the new bays and install the new signage. I would of thought the new scheme will come in to place for the start of the 23/24 season

Lads used to have a season ticket and park on pollard street but now you cant.

am excited to be going to the burnley game and taking my kids but got to pick my son up at 4pm in Salford from a kids party.

options appear to be -

drive to game (although i cant find any parking available). not sure what street you can now park on but would rather not have a massive walk anyway with my 2 kids

drive to cornbrook, find a parking spot and tram it.

drive across manchester to Ashton metrolinks and park and ride (dont know if this fills up on match days fairly early?)

any other advice welcome - live in south manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.