The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I don't have a car but do ok with walking, trams, trains and taxis. I never spend a month on public transport what I used to spend on a car I did not drive 90% of the time.

Great for you. Not so for many who can't walk too far, don't have a train or a tram stop within walking distance ( even for able bodied walkers) and can't afford splashing cash on a taxi ... It really will spell the end of match going for some of those supporters.

Lads used to have a season ticket and park on pollard street but now you cant.

am excited to be going to the burnley game and taking my kids but got to pick my son up at 4pm in Salford from a kids party.

options appear to be -

drive to game (although i cant find any parking available). not sure what street you can now park on but would rather not have a massive walk anyway with my 2 kids

drive to cornbrook, find a parking spot and tram it.

drive across manchester to Ashton metrolinks and park and ride (dont know if this fills up on match days fairly early?)

any other advice welcome - live in south manchester
Are your kids capable of walking for about 10 mins ?

Taxis are worse than driving yourself, and not a viable alternative to a car. My car cost about £250 a year before use, everyone is different.

I appreciate that the discussion isn’t purely about cost and that everyone’s circumstances are different but personally I’ve made a significant saving since I ditched the car and switched to a combination of public transport and taxis.

Some of the lads at work think I’m a millionaire getting taxis here, there and everywhere. I told them as a very rough estimate I probably spend about £2,000 a year on taxis. They were gobsmacked until I told them to do a rough tot up of how much it costs them it run a car for a year.

But as I say, fully appreciate that it would be totally impractical for a lot of people to do without a car.

Don't think the club can be blamed for this, the changes are not planned for matchdays only, but permamently 24/7, 365 days a year.

My parents live near the ground and the consultation going on is for a full residential parking scheme not just an event one.

Last edited:
Don't think the club can be blamed for this, the changes are not planned for matchdays only, but permamently 24/7, 365 days a year.

My parents lve near tge ground and the consultation going on is for a full residential parking scheme not just an event one.
The club don't seem to be against. I presume there's a planning condition for the Arena to promote "active travel" - but this is stick and no carrot.

Last edited:
The club don't seem to be against. I presume there there a planning condition for the Arena to promote "active travel" - but this is stick and no carrot.
Yeah the club don't care about this coming in I went to that thing near the ground the other day spoke to city staff about it they said well you wouldn't like people parking outside your house I told him they alright do and get the tram down doesn't bother me he just said ok think all complaints will fall on deaf ears here with this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.