The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Lads used to have a season ticket and park on pollard street but now you cant.

am excited to be going to the burnley game and taking my kids but got to pick my son up at 4pm in Salford from a kids party.

options appear to be -

drive to game (although i cant find any parking available). not sure what street you can now park on but would rather not have a massive walk anyway with my 2 kids

drive to cornbrook, find a parking spot and tram it.

drive across manchester to Ashton metrolinks and park and ride (dont know if this fills up on match days fairly early?)

any other advice welcome - live in south manchester
Drive over to the Brooklands Metro Stop, if you are in luck then you might catch a tram straight to the ground, or need to change at Cornbrook. Alternatively try the Sale Water Park stop, good sized P&R and again a change at Cornbrook required.

Drive over to the Brooklands Metro Stop, if you are in luck then you might catch a tram straight to the ground, or need to change at Cornbrook. Alternatively try the Sale Water Park stop, good sized P&R and again a change at Cornbrook required.
is that really the best solution? i live by Sale Water Park/Brooklands so would be 20mins home, park up and a bit of a rush

i looked at salford as will be over that way and looks like Ladywell has a decent sized park and ride - any forummers go that way and would i be ok for getting a spot at 4:15 ish?

Some of the park and rides in south manchester fill up on match days

i looked at salford as will be over that way and looks like Ladywell has a decent sized park and ride - any forummers go that way and would i be ok for getting a spot at 4:15 ish?

Some of the park and rides in south manchester fill up on match days
Used it for the odd local away game and there was a reasonable amount of space, can't see it being full for City at that time with shoppers starting to leave.

The club don't seem to be against. I presume there's a planning condition for the Arena to promote "active travel" - but this is stick and no carrot.

As partners woth the council and commited to more enviromentally friendly transport methods I also doubt the club have put up much opposition, but I think this is more MCC led than City related.

A lot of the surrounding old social housing were designed not to be very car friendly with many cul-de-sacs in design with limited room or spaces and a few housholds with two cars can pretty much fill up a close.

My parent don't have a car but outside me mams daIly is a second car from a neighbour cross the next street as they cannot park it outside theirs as the house either side have 2 cars and only 5 can fit in the spaces.

On a matchday my uncle parks up using the guest pass but if he wants to park at the door needs to arrive before this fella gets back form work and parks.up, many residents bemoaned the excess cars pre event parking so can see why it came into place, but their house is literally across from the mini comms and necessary on a match day (they are not in favour of it being all day every day as proposed).

Agree though don't see why the exclusion zone is being moved so much further out to practically town

Last edited:
You obviously live somewhere with decent public transport.
I moved here deliberately because of the public transport links. Since I moved here they have got better. Million of mancunions are close to train, bus or tram. The tram is half an hour walk away or I can get a bus. Once I am on the tram I can go to most of Manchester. If the journey to where I am actually going is to far from the tram stop I get a taxi.

am excited to be going to the burnley game and taking my kids but got to pick my son up at 4pm in Salford from a kids party.

options appear to be -

drive to game (although i cant find any parking available). not sure what street you can now park on but would rather not have a massive walk anyway with my 2 kids

drive across manchester to Ashton metrolinks and park and ride (dont know if this fills up on match days fairly early?)

Have a look at https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/ they have spaces less than a 10 minute walk to the ground behind the athletics stadium

options appear to be -

There are a number of pop-up car parks on Ashton Old Road which are about 10-15 mins walk from the stadium and you should be able to get into one of those if leaving Salford around 4pm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.