The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

is that really the best solution? i live by Sale Water Park/Brooklands so would be 20mins home, park up and a bit of a rush

There are a couple of park and rides in the Salford / Prestwich area so you save time before the match, but after the game you have to get back to Salford and then drive home, so just longer on the back end

Other option is to park near Picc station and try the crush at the Met stop to get on, but you wanted to avoid walking?

I moved here deliberately because of the public transport links. Since I moved here they have got better. Million of mancunions are close to train, bus or tram. The tram is half an hour walk away or I can get a bus. Once I am on the tram I can go to most of Manchester. If the journey to where I am actually going is to far from the tram stop I get a taxi.
Which is great, if you, like me, can walk 30 mins to a tram stop. Many can't and as our fanbase is top heavy with FOCs I bet thousands would struggle.

Also on a typical Manc day, 30 mins of trudging through the rain to steam on a packed tram is far from appealing.

There are a couple of park and rides in the Salford / Prestwich area so you save time before the match, but after the game you have to get back to Salford and then drive home, so just longer on the back end

Other option is to park near Picc station and try the crush at the Met stop to get on, but you wanted to avoid walking?
dont mind a walk its just the risk of not being able to find a spot. there is a car park near picadilly i suppose for not too much and could jump on the crush at the gardens..

think ive decided to try ladywell in salford and met over although the website says its takes 45 minutes?!

dont mind a walk its just the risk of not being able to find a spot. there is a car park near picadilly i suppose for not too much and could jump on the crush at the gardens..

think ive decided to try ladywell in salford and met over although the website says its takes 45 minutes?!

I don’t drive so can’t be sure but Ladywell park and ride never looks full when I pass it at weekends. Like you say, it does take a while though. It crawls through Salford Quays and goes in and out of Media City. Once you get to Pomona it’s pretty quick the rest of the way to the ground though.

Since they increased the price on the car park behind Piccadilly (st Andrews??) To about £4.50 I've seen it with plenty of spaces even 15 mins before kickoff when passing it on the team.

Other option is to park at St Mary's, or Vermilion near the gasholders

Depends where you are in Salford but the new P&R at Parkway on the Trafford Park line would be better for getting back to south Manchester. PM if you want another "unofficial" option.

Does anyone park at the corner shop pub ? The school next door used to do parking (and there's masses of space) then it just stopped, is it still like that ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.