The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

The bastards don't want you using cars! We travel from East Timperley and 2 miles from the nearest tram station ! I've been going since I was nine in 1967 and will always find a way to watch my blue boys ! To park on the few road spaces before Ashton Old Road which is outside the restricted area means arriving 3 hours before kick off for weekend games and little less for midweek games and a twenty minute walk to the ground already god knows what will happen from November ! MCC Want your money from the new arena but then presume every fkg body will be travelling from the City Centre or if not fk you ! Still can't wait for them to put on an event after a City game and watch the carnage and believe me they will do dispite saying they wont !

Has anybody said they won’t?

If this figure I’ve seen quoted all over that they’re planning on 180 events per year, it’s inconceivable that they aren’t also planning on some clashing with football match days.

If this figure I’ve seen quoted all over that they’re planning on 180 events per year, it’s inconceivable that they aren’t also planning on some clashing with football match days.
All this parking nonsense isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. If you leave on 50 mins, you’ll be golden.

Will without doubt be clashes TV games for November, around 8 weeks away aren't sorted yet, CL & cup draws etc will cause havoc later this/next season....

Can you imagine (hehe) Take That cancelling the 14th night of their month long residency as we're playing Burton Albion in the Caribou Cup?

Metrolink worked out OK on Saturday for a change. Still only a single tram back to Altrincham from Piccadilly which is ridiculous.

Problems come when other events are on in town or it is a night match. Please can we have more 3pm Saturday kick-off’s.

Metrolink worked out OK on Saturday for a change. Still only a single tram back to Altrincham from Piccadilly which is ridiculous.

Problems come when other events are on in town or it is a night match. Please can we have more 3pm Saturday kick-off’s.
Yes it's night matches where there will be problems, generally because trams don't take people to their homes. A fair number still have to get a bus the other side.

There won’t be any room left in Briscoe or around it all the stewards will park there because City don’t have enough room for their cars on official car parks, they have a limited number.
People will Park Briscoe the night before?

Just for interest sake, the T20 cricket international yesterday at Edgbaston was an attempt at a Net Zero energy event*. All the car parks were closed and they were using bus shuttles from the train station to the ground. I’m actually up for that myself. I would go so far to make all public transport free on weekends in the GM region but ban cars completely.

*Sounds like the England team complied anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.