The end of the agenda debate?

This is bonkers. I run down the wing to the byeline and cross the ball. The centre forward, unmarked on the penalty spot heads it. AT that moment, I the crosser of the ball am in an OFFSIDE position, but I am not flagged by the lino, because I am not interfering with play.

Spot on. And if you remove "interfering with play" as Blueinsa suggested, this then gets ruled out as most of our goals would

I don't understand how people can't see the point I was trying to make

I think Chris is intimating that if when the ball is played to the player about to make the cutback, if the player who will ultimately score is offside at that moment, with no active ruling, the goal would be ruled out for offside.

I wasn't imtimating that in my example but your point is also another scenario of this and why you cannot have an offside rule without the nuances

Well, you can have a rule like that but it would mean less goals, especially for the likes of us and our style

You haven't read the post properly then have you, most likely Bluewes didn't either

I'm not saying the cut back would mean the scorer is offside, I'm saying once the scorer kicks the ball into the net, the assister would then be in front of the ball and offside

Which would never come into force so it ain’t worth discussing. The problem with offside and handballs is the only way to take interpretation out of it would make the game a bit of a farce. Hence we will always get debates on decisions.

if they carry on like this knowing how stubborn pep can be he might just think fuck em im gonna sign a new 5yr contract and meet the fuckers head on.
now wouldn't that be kick in the bollocks for em

I've not seen a replay, but it confused me completely, but whilst at the game, we had texts almost immediately saying definitely "no goal", and definitely "goal", and that highlights the current malaise with the offside law (not to mention the handball law - which is equally f**ked imho).

VAR (the way its being used here at the moment) isn't helping any of it, in this competition but not that, different version domestically than in europe, and in europe it mysteriously doesn't work as it should at a team sponsored by one of UEFA's sponsors.

Nor is the secret society on the earpieces, who knows who is saying what to who, it was supposed to be only referee and assistants talking to each other when it first came in, but we know the 4th official has one, but who else ? Are we actually seeing a pre-VAR era in the PL, like its being used, but unofficially ?

Its a mess.
There is definitely outside influence(ie outside the ground ) technical assistance to the match day ref.ive been saying this for 2 years..
Taylors decision against chelsea a few years ago is an example of this.Ive been asking outloud for ages now,who runs the game ..no one can answer with any precision...because no one knows.

I read ages ago that there is a central video unit somwhere in the country, covering all prem matches...and the match day refs mouth peice is wired to this..

This is pre VAR of a sort..but not officially announced by anybody..its certainly not in the grounds as somebody would know about it..
Anyway,i agree with your conclusion,its an absolute mess,and one that provides fertile ground for the betting syndicates ,at home and abroad to have lucrative behind the scenes pre match engagement with the silent,faceless persona who now run our game at the top level.

Spot on. And if you remove "interfering with play" as Blueinsa suggested, this then gets ruled out as most of our goals would

I don't understand how people can't see the point I was trying to make
I’m just catching up and know exactly what you’re saying. I’m not sure if the others are pulling your leg or not.

I read ages ago that there is a central video unit somwhere in the country, covering all prem matches...and the match day refs mouth peice is wired to this..

This is pre VAR of a sort..but not officially announced by anybody..its certainly not in the grounds as somebody would know about it..
Because it doesn’t exist. The four officials are wired up to each other and not some shadowy new world order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.