The end of the agenda debate?

I don't think the law was ever that a player in an offside position was always offside, there have always been goals from balls played backwards, it would be nearly impossible for a player to run past his fullback, cross it, and not be offside, or be onside run onto a through ball, play it back to an on rushing player, these have never been offside.

Its the complicating it with who is active, and when they're active bollocks that's causing confusion, and VAR will only make it worse.

They've already changed the handball law for next year because of VAR, and yet 99% of footballers will never have VAR available, no doubt it'll have to change again, as goals will disallowed that would always have been given, and penalties given when they never would have been, it'll end up with too many incidents, and too many consequences, when all they needed to do was stick with the word "deliberate".

Blueinsa was saying you take out all the active, inactive, interfering, not interfering and just have it black and white, you're either behind the line or offside

It hasn't been that way for fifty-odd years for good reason

This was the original reason for 'interferring' being in the rule.

Exactly, and it is what Blueinsa wanted talking out of the law.

I highlighted the flaw in this but it's become either a Clarkie or a winner of stupid post of the year

Why?

He's suggesting you go back to the black and white interpretation of the law

I'm saying if you do that the moment the scorer touches the ball, the assister would be offside (in that scenario I described)

You’re not catching me with that...ok I’ll bite....he plays the ball backwards.

This is getting silly now. He’s onside because he played the ball backwards.

I think Chris is intimating that if when the ball is played to the player about to make the cutback, if the player who will ultimately score is offside at that moment, with no active ruling, the goal would be ruled out for offside.

This is getting silly now. He’s onside because he played the ball backwards.
This is bonkers. I run down the wing to the byeline and cross the ball. The centre forward, unmarked on the penalty spot heads it. AT that moment, I the crosser of the ball am in an OFFSIDE position, but I am not flagged by the lino, because I am not interfering with play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.