The Fat Spanish Waiter Has A Pop

and just to add if we are being left behind..well then the only club going forward would be united..we were the second best team in the league last year and this year we already have spent 18 million on an england international in glen johnson(just incase you say that financially we are being left behind;)

Rafa32 said:
city are most certainly not the new kid on the block if thats what youre reffering i think most will agree..new kids on the rich list yes ill give you that..but i just want to understand why you can say were a club not going anywhere..2 finals in the last 5 years of the champs league and a semi final spot 2 years ago and a quarter final place..in 2006 we got our highest points total since 88..we then bettered that last year again..add to that an fa cup..well i dont really know what else we could do to "be going somewhere"?

I concede that my original comment was a little hasty (was in a right bad mood last night, so there you go).

But my comment was not having a go as such, it was more born from my frustration that clubs like Liverpool WILL be left behind. Despite the talent and team building it will happen.

And yes, I was referring to us being on the Rich List.

I paid for a Scouser to come and watch the City v Liverpool game in 2007. He was a young lad who couldn't afford it on his own, and I did it because he loved his Club but was open to the prospect of other clubs fans being lovers of the game in general.

ok well i wasnt too sure about the new kids on the block but if you meant the rich list yes youre completely right there and i cant disagree..but i will disagree that we will be left behind..if anything surely arsenal will be left behind?even chelsea ok ye they have roman but he will get bored soon and so far daniel sturridge and that zhirkov fella..there in no way more big spenders with us this year and i dont think that they will be..

in my opinion if you are to break into that top clubs shelter then itl be with the big four becoming the big 5 and not by you replacing anybody.

Rafa32 said:
ok well i wasnt too sure about the new kids on the block but if you meant the rich list yes youre completely right there and i cant disagree..but i will disagree that we will be left behind..if anything surely arsenal will be left behind?even chelsea ok ye they have roman but he will get bored soon and so far daniel sturridge and that zhirkov fella..there in no way more big spenders with us this year and i dont think that they will be..

in my opinion if you are to break into that top clubs shelter then itl be with the big four becoming the big 5 and not by you replacing anybody.

But the reason the bug 4 exists is because of the CL money, but if were finishing in the top 4 a club who needs the money will lose out, which will cause them to decline. I can only see it being Arsenal though, the rest of you are too secure.

Granted the source of the following facts(?) comes form the Irish Mail on Sunday so, forgive me if they are wrong but...

Liverpool will pay Glen Johnston £120k a week. City will pay Gareth Barry £100k a week.
How, but how, can paying England's occasional right back (albeit a very good one) 20% more money than England's first choice defensive midfielder, place anybody -even a Spanish fathead with a limited grasp of the language (fact!) - on a high enough pedastel to lecture the Press and the footballing community, at large, about players being money mad?
And, don't you just know that he has his best blue shirt washed, pressed and covered in plastic should MH f**k up and the sheik give him a call...

Liverpool fans love us

A dipper talking about John Terry
Stay at the shitty little club he's at or go to the smaller club with 99% of their fans being dirty, filthy rats but on a bit more cash. Tough choice.

lol

Bluemoon115 said:
Rafa32 said:

But the reason the bug 4 exists is because of the CL money, but if were finishing in the top 4 a club who needs the money will lose out, which will cause them to decline. I can only see it being Arsenal though, the rest of you are too secure.

Don't think Arsenal have the debts that the scousers have and think they are more financially secure. Remember Liverpool had to find £300mill + before the end of this month otherwise re-finance again, therefore inflicting more debt on theirselves. Kronkje is buying up more shares from the Arse and is now on 28%, he only needs 30% to go for the takeover.

not sure why any of us is even trying to justify what our club spends in the name of improving the squad but it's obvious that as soon as City are interested in a player, then his selling price will increase.

As for increased wages - I've already said it on another post, no-one leaves a current employer (by choice anyway) for the same/less money than they are already earning - why would you? If you're going to uproot your family it has to be worth your while.

Oh, and one more thing....

isn't there a 50% tax regime due to come in next year? Well, that's going to impact every players wages in the EPL so if you're on £140K a week now and in the current 40% tax band, you're coming out with about £90,495.60 a week (or thereabouts). Next year, it will be £79,955.60, so you'd be taking a pay cut of over £10K if you stay put.

tedious, rafa benitez will have a personal wealth that will exceed the value of any bids we have made, bar kaka.

hypocritical doesnt even come close.

looking forward to when the scousers start singing about city having no history, still at least ours doesnt involve murder and death.

surely if he is such a top manager city will provide little opposition, or does he just like all the odds stacked in his favour.

fathellensbellend said:
still at least ours doesnt involve murder and death.

its gobshites like you that turns debates and conversations off topic..grow up will ya you sound like a massive twat!!

johnsons actually on around 75-80,000 a week according to most sources..not sure what that has to do with anything as i said before money has got shit all to do with the original topic of the thread?albeit it started with benitez talking about money but if you read it properly its more so him "having a pop" at PLAYERS who move for money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.