The Fat Spanish Waiter Has A Pop

Rafa

If money doesn't buy success then i remember Bob Paisley wasn't partial to spending a penny or two. Don't tell me your team of the 70's and 80's was home grown. Dalglish, Souness, Kennedy etc weren't cheap and the cash was splashed for Rush when you bear in mind where he was playing and the going rate for players from that league at the time!

it would be stupid and very naive of me to say money wont buy you a place in the top 4..it should do as sad as it is to say..in my opinion you need to lower the expectations though..take the rentboys for example..they went out and signed drogba,essien,cech..all from pretty average teams..were as you'se are going to the likes of kaka,terry,eto..players who are already at top top clubs..if chelsea wen roman came in had of thrown bids in for the likes of raul and the likes..

city-are-poo said:
RobbieBrewer said:
city-are-poo said:
not really rafa32 i quickly signed up to these forums cuz i read on OUR forums about city fans abusing rafa which is why i felt the need to defend him and tell what i feel which is that city did try to sign johnson and failed and i do not believe money can buy you into the top 4

How did you get there then?
Don't tell me you think Torres,Gerrard and Reina play for free?Do you believe that Johnson is on less than he was at Portsmouth?

Do me a favour.

the difference is we have always been regarded as a top4 club even before torres, reina etc. came to the club they are additions from where the money came from winning thinngs..

liverloser fan

when was last time you win EPL

go back to you deluded and bitter place RAWK ****

CityJoe you are man fuck those Dippers deluded in RAWK everyone of is scum low life they think they are the best everyone of thier players is the best hahah they would have won the EPL long time they have the best diffence they have the best midfield best stiker

as for The Fat Spanish Waiter he is bitter man and deluded

RobbieBrewer said:
Rafa

You're missing my point.Of course success breeds success.
But for decades the "top three" as it then was were pretty dominant in terms of transfer fees and wages.Any promising,half-decent player at a club like City would be cherry-picked-and there was nothing we could do about it.
We simply couldn't compete with the likes of Arsenal,yourselves or the rags when it came to the "top" players.
And then came the biggest joke of all-the totally misnomered "Champions league."
Which was nothing of the sort-just a cash vehicle for the richest elite to get even richer-thus cutting dead any form of lifeline or chance for a club outside the established few to join the party.

The came Jack Walker-and kicked the league in the nuts by attracting the top players to 'ickkle Blackburn with-you guessed it-loads of money.

So we are doing absolutely nothing that hasn't been done before-we're just doing it in the full glare of the media and at a level and time-frame that hasn't been seen before....

But to suggest as "poo-poo" did that "you can't buy your way into the top four" is simply not true.
It's just how you do it.

Exactly mate, gone are the day when clubs brought through the majority of they're players with one or two additions from other clubs, money talks and anyone who says other wise is more deluded than some of the transfer forum muppets on this site.

All I hear top 4 fans saying is 'well we can attract those type of players with champions league football' so how is everyone else supposed to compete? These 4 teams are a monoply and the sooner that changes the better imo whether its City or some other team.

Rafa32 said:
id actually like to see what your own fans opinions on that are?do you think that mark hughes is the right man to break into that top 4?or do ya need a manager such as jose,wenger,rafa(and im sure most will debate hes good but blindfolds off lads we've got 2 champs lge finals,won an fa cup and finished the highest we have ever had since the prem league started last year)

As for Hughes, that's the $64,000,000 question ( add a few more noughts for the consortium at will).

If you had cared to dip your toe into Bluemoon 6 months ago you'd have seen a rigourous debate regarding the merits of Hughes. Especially after getting dumped in the cups by Brighton and Forest.

Speaking personally I'm the wait and see camp.

Yes Hughes did well both at Wales and Blackburn, but with all due respect he could have hardly made Wales any worse after Bobby Gould. Again at Blackburn he did well although the physical nature of their play ruffled a few feathers.

The similarity for both these positions was he wasn't managing the cliched "Superstars" and managed to impose his will (systems) upon the players.

At City it's a new ball game. He no longer can use the same management style as the prima donna's won't wear it, so he's having to adapt.

Whilst there are a sizeable minority of City fans who would prefer a Mouriniho type character, the consortium are sticking with Hughes, for better or worse. If it pays of, then great it's kudos for the board promoting a good young British manager. If not, well they gave him a chance.......a no lose situation for them in the short term.

I feel City fans are rallying around Hughes (circling the wagons) as much as a rebuff to the press who would love a our manager to fail and as such the "Project" (I hate the term) and then the hacks can return to there usual free diving up Fergie's arse.

The problem Hughes has is attracting players to play for Man City and yes in the short term cash is the answer. i.e Barry :-)

But once we have the foot on the Chumps league ladder this will become easier and this is just a matter of time. It will happen. The consortium are in for the long haul. They are not used to failure and will not walk away. So for Hughes he has to deliver or he's out.

Rafa32 said:
mackenzie said:
Rafa32 said:
mackenzie said:
Liverpool are a great club.

But they are going nowhere.

on what basis?

Which one?

:-)
well you cant say that without backing up your statements so fire ahead im all ears..

They are being left behind in a monetary sense. Do you agree?

They may have an illustrious history (and I for one cheered them on in their CL Final in 2005) but Rafa's comments re Barry simply back my statement up.

That may sound smug from a fan of the new kid on the block but it is true.

city are most certainly not the new kid on the block if thats what youre reffering i think most will agree..new kids on the rich list yes ill give you that..but i just want to understand why you can say were a club not going anywhere..2 finals in the last 5 years of the champs league and a semi final spot 2 years ago and a quarter final place..in 2006 we got our highest points total since 88..we then bettered that last year again..add to that an fa cup..well i dont really know what else we could do to "be going somewhere"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.