The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizzie said:
Not sure i like Yaya and Fernandinho together defensively especially yaya he is great bursting forwards but is so lazy getting back. We seem to have Fernandhino/Yaya/Rodwell which are to me the same types of players more attacking minded which i think needs partnering with someone good in defence, If it was me I'd play barry or Milner partnering Fernandinho even though thats never going to happen.

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Fernandinho
Milner

Navas
Silva/Nasri
Jovetic

Dzeko

Agree about the 2 midfielders is rather see 3 in there YAYA Fernandinho and either Barry or Rodwell

plongo said:
Barcodes in meltdown for tonight! Just been announced that Arsenal have made a bid for Cabaye, he can't be playing tonight then?

Just scanned their pre-match thread and this one stood out:

Just give them 3 points, it will be better for our goal difference.

Hart

Zab Kompany Richards Clichy
Fernandinho Yaya
Milner Silva Jovetic
Dzeko.

Really hope to see fernandinho start and the player I'm most excited for is Jovetic. Pure skill and technique that guy.

Wonder if Nasri will start over him though.

NQCitizen said:
Hart

Fernandinho Yaya
Milner Silva Jovetic
Dzeko.

Really hope to see fernandinho start and the player I'm most excited for is Jovetic. Pure skill and technique that guy.

I'd be very suprised if Navas doesn't start!

citymacc said:
NQCitizen said:
Hart

Fernandinho Yaya
Milner Silva Jovetic
Dzeko.

Me too. I'd put him in that line up above in place of Milner, which is no negative reflection on him, just that Newcastle are there for the taking tonight. With Dave running the show and Navas bombing down the wing, it could be a long night for Spuggy & Co.

citymacc said:
NQCitizen said:
Hart

Fernandinho Yaya
Milner Silva Jovetic
Dzeko.

I'm not sure. I think Milner has been the outstanding player in pre-season and will be rewarded. Maybe Pellegrini won't want to throw all the new guys in at once? Could easily be Navas though, I think we'll see Milner/Navas, Nasri/Jovetic on rotation quite a lot.

This is the line-up I would pick for this game (considering Aguero not played a match yet). Milner deserves a starting spot and will put in a shift. Dzeko on form and would be harsh to drop him and wouldn't start Negredo with him. Navas new and can be an impact sub if things go tits up:

Hart

Zaba-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy

Fernandinho
Milner-Yaya-Silva

Jovetic
Dzeko

Subs: Panti, Richards, Boyata, Navas, Negredo, Aguero

Would you go for Nasri over Boyata and just have 1 defensive sub though? Or Nasri over Aguero. Personally would prefer Nasri playing in France but thats me.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
On hols this week. Can't make my mind up whether, to watch 1-2 from swamp last year or
1 - 6 from swamp year before, as pre-game entertainment.
Watch them both....

Can't. Have to wait for our lass to go to work before I get the telly.
Lock her under the stairs. She's out of order and should know better. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.