The First Game of the Season City vs Newcastle Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart
RB Kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Silva Jovetic
Dzeko

I really wanted to sneak Aleks in there for his ability going forward, but pairing him with Lescott on the left is recipe for disaster. Richards/Zaba is a toss up for me, but I think I lean ever so slightly in favor of Micah.

Jovetic can also play further forward to make it a 4-2-2-2.

Hart

richards komp lescott clichy

navas yaya ferna silva

negredo dzeko

I think he will start with 2 up front with jovetic and nasri coming on to influence the game in the secound half.

The defence picks itself, given last seasons performances combined with injuries. It's the 6 players in front of them that are debateable here, some like Yaya and Silva are sure to start, the rest will be mix and match. Whatever starting 11 we go with it will be vastly superior to the Newcastle one. I don't think we'll be looking at a 4-0 battering like last season, but I expect a comfortable win for City.

I had to laugh at these comments from different barcodes:

If fate had been kind it would have handed us a home tie against Cardiff for a season opener, however it once again decided to be a clown and we've got City away. A City team who I fully expect to do extremely well this year.

Dzeko has looked immense in pre-season, he'll more than likely start and f***ing crucify us.

We have tragically repeated history by not strengthening over the summer leaving us short up top and lacking width in midfield. The by-product of this will see Jovetic, Navas and Toure pinging it all over the shop like the Harlem cunting Globetrotters

City 5 - 0 Toon

we could have messi and we'd still get a whooping.

3-0 citeh

Just give them 3 points, it will be better for our goal difference.

This game is going to be similar to the Alamo. Constant Bombardment.

:-)

I'm no cynic said:
Welcome aboard Indian Cityzen...

Your selection is one that many fans would go for, my only doubt is that the midfield attackers may be a little on the lightweight side and it could well be that Milner gets to start on the right with Navas coming on in the last 30 minutes as an impact player. But I might change my opinion when I've seen Jovetic at close hand.

Hey thanks... so nice to be here!

I hope The Engineer has got it all figured out.

Feel sorry for Barry & Rodwell not even getting on the bench in some selections.
Then there's Garcia. Sadly, there's always Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.