The Foodies thread

A budget 'gastronaut' dish for two -
Take 20 frozen Raw Easy Peel Red Argentinian Shrimp (Morrisons 3pks for £10) defrost overnight dry well and lightly salt Get some top end fresh French/Italian bread (or my choice - warm Pinsa with Chimmichuri butter from Ocado - £2.95)
Method:
Put plenty of good olive oil in a large shallow pan, add 10 crushed whole garlic cloves - simmer on very low heat with 1tsp chilli flakes until soft and light gold - not brown!
Sieve out garlic and save - heat up oil cook prawns quickly 2/3 mins
At the end add reserved garlic + chopped parsley & juice from half lemon
Serve in two warmed gratin dishes with other lemon half halved & more parsley to garnish plus bits of bread to dip
Extra bowl needed for empty sucked shells!

Quick to prepare and delicious every time ;-)
591737011_0_1280x1280.jpg

Last edited:
Just seen your earlier post clarifying that it's the term rather than the thread. Haha, fair enough apologies for the tone.

You got a recipe?
Try blue cheese, n cream with gnocchi, chorizo is optional.

Tablespoon of ballymaloe sauce and another with mustard baked over chicken brests with a sprinkle of cheddar on top. Goes well with rice.

Sometimes even tinned foods can be brilliant so tonight in the Disco household it’s confit duck from a tin with some of the left over duck fat used for some sarladaise potatoes, peas and a simple pepper sauce not spectacular cooking skills wise but mighty good eating.

It’s a pity the price of the tins of the confit duck have shot through the roof in the last few years we used to pick up them up for €10/11 for a tin with four five pieces when we were visiting relatives in France which made it a nice cost friendly couple of meals bloody stuff is almost €20 a tin now. Still love French supermarkets as their fresh produce is still light years ahead of us.

Just seen your earlier post clarifying that it's the term rather than the thread. Haha, fair enough apologies for the tone.
We may get to page 20 if this new you continues. As you say a potentially brilliant thread! I'm so proud of you mate.

We have decided to make Greeks national dish Moussaka tomorrow. Greek food is very pleasing to the palate and when my wife and I visited Stalis seven years ago we simply couldn't get enough of it. Not particularly a big fan of the aubergine but the overall mouth taste remained good to middling. A Cottage Pie in disguise : /

Maybe this is one for the Something Interesting thread but did you know that the modern Greek version, which includes layers of eggplant and bechamel sauce, was created by Nikolaos Tselementes, a Greek chef, in the 1920s.

Last edited:
We have decided to make Greeks national dish Moussaka tomorrow. Greek food is very pleasing to the palate and when my wife and I visited Stalis seven years ago we simply couldn't get enough of it.

Maybe this is one for the Something Interesting thread but did you know that the modern Greek version, which includes layers of eggplant and bechamel sauce, was created by Nikolaos Tselementes, a Greek chef, in the 1920s.
This is a great chicken souvlaki recipe. His Tzatziki recipe is in the description. I put it in those flatbreads you use and wrap the bottom up tight in tin foil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.