john charles
bobby charlton
pele
beresa
romario
puskas
gascoigne
bell

How old are you mate? John Charles & Puskas? I'm 51 and never saw them... you must be getting your bus pass soon eh?

I know with me its a heart thing but for me the greatest was Francis Lee

power, brilliant passer, speed, tough as fuck

Keep yer Zidanne, loved to watch Frannie.

Comparing eras is difficult because of equipment (leather boots & balls as opposed to lightweight materials of later years), diet, training regimes etc.
No one has mentioned Stanley Matthews or Tom Finney, two of the best I ever saw.
But my vote goes for the incomparable PELE. If you never saw the sequence of him in the 1970 (I think) World Cup you are unlucky. Pele had everything, skill, speed, shooting and heading power and strength.
He even played in goal quite often. Probably the greatest all-round player ever.

davepick said:
Comparing eras is difficult because of equipment (leather boots & balls as opposed to lightweight materials of later years), diet, training regimes etc.
No one has mentioned Stanley Matthews or Tom Finney, two of the best I ever saw.
But my vote goes for the incomparable PELE. If you never saw the sequence of him in the1970 (I think) Woprld Cup you are unlucky. Pele had everything, skill, speed, shooting and heading power and strength.
He even played in goal quite often. Probably the greatest all-round player ever.

Pele played in a team of superstars though. Maradona never did. Therefore Diego is the best.

carrconormcfc said:
allan harper said:
He made the art of defending look easy, that was some Milan team, definatly the best club side ive ever seen..
Who is this Baresa character you two speak of? Never heard of him.

Franco Baresi on the other hand..

Aaaah, dear old Franco Baresi. Used to keep a picture of Dave Ewing on the inside of his changing room locker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.