The Greatest player of your time

plongo said:
Have to be honest, head and shoulders.....George Best - breathtaking

Im not arsed that he played for the scum im not blinkered, but was this man really that good. anyone see him play for N.I how well did he play for them. Maradonna won the world cup for his country which without him they would never have done. im not comparing N.I to Argentina by the way just wondered if he did it for country as well as club.

Greatest player: Maradona

Best British player I have seen: Dalglish

Difficult to compare players from different eras - because of the huge changes in the game. The game is so much faster than it was - it's almost a different game.

johnmc said:
davepick said:
Comparing eras is difficult because of equipment (leather boots & balls as opposed to lightweight materials of later years), diet, training regimes etc.
No one has mentioned Stanley Matthews or Tom Finney, two of the best I ever saw.
But my vote goes for the incomparable PELE. If you never saw the sequence of him in the1970 (I think) Woprld Cup you are unlucky. Pele had everything, skill, speed, shooting and heading power and strength.
He even played in goal quite often. Probably the greatest all-round player ever.

Pele played in a team of superstars though. Maradona never did. Therefore Diego is the best.

Aah , but Pele stood head and shoulders above those superstars ....... he was just the brightest star in their sky ....... he was a more complete player than Maradona.

why is cantona not mentioned .

according to the daily mirror and skyMUtv, he's the best player that god himself ever put breath into !!

blue dallas said:
why is cantona not mentioned .according to the daily mirror and skyMUtv, he's the best player that god himself ever put breath into !!
a marketing ploy for his new film .Fooking poor Eric I think its called.He didnt have an impressive international career to compare with the likes of pele,or could he be compared with Best in the longer scheme of things regarding footballs greatest players.IMO.

blue dallas said:
why is cantona not mentioned .

according to the daily mirror and skyMUtv, he's the best player that god himself ever put breath into !!

Always overated in my view ...... good player yes , but certainly not a great one ...... and it must piss Leeds fans off bigstyle that their club is never mentioned whenever people bring his name up ....... after all that was his initial destination , and that was where he won his first English honours ...... i still say that the rags 'tapped him up' ..... why would a club who had just won the league like like Leeds sell their new found idol to their hated enemy at the Swamp for only £1 million , and practically overnight at that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.