The Harry and Meghan fuss

I was thinking about that and couldnt think of a British based interviewer who could have asked the questions in the manner Oprah did.

British based interviewers tend to be belligerent and I don't think the interview needed that kind of approach. Imagine Piers Morgan shouting over them, or Andrew Marr sucking up to them, neither would have been balanced.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that Oprah conducted the interview in the manner of a Counsellor, I have qualifications in Counselling and certain things really stood out. She reflected the questions back on to them, their body language was mirrored, that indicates comfort in the situation and Oprah reaffirmed points they made with subtle uses of her own body language and talking skills.

Piers Morgan has just walked out of the ITV studio because somebody has challenged his views. That is why the likes of Piers Morgan would not be suitable.
Winfrey is excellent. Her opening segment of the Armstrong interview was brilliant.

Difficult to see what British interviewers could do it, most of them tend to talk too much or are way too aggressive with their questions Andrew Neil, Paxton, etc.

Louis Theroux maybe or Emily Matthis? Ideally you would want someone with intimate knowledge of the UK press and how the game is played, who lets them talk but directs the interview to right place. Piers Morgan could have done if hadn't gone completely insane and venomous on the topic.

I have previously said I am not huge fans of them, but they could be an effective lighting rod to show how corrosive the media has been in this country. Some of these rags have literally injected a toxin into UK society that is destroying politics and social norms. The way they have cowed the political and royal establishment to their will is frightening.

Well she could have, but it's not exactly an unusual thing. It's estimated that 7% of women suffer depression during pregnancy and post-natal depression is a well-known condition.

Of course mate, and that is very real.

It was clearly a soft-serve interview, yet they introduced come very serious topics that deserve
Haha, I don't think I've ever seen a clip where the rest of the panel don't clearly think he's an absolute ****.

LBC phoning his agent as we speak. As is Andrew Neil, no doubt.

Try the States. He was pitching brilliantly to Fox yesterday.

His pal is Biden and there have been reports over there for a few weeks now that one of the big networks is back for him.

Result, morgan is a stain on this country , bragging this morning about being the editor of the mirror for ten years like he should be proud of what he did

The weather man and harry and megan took him down

He took himself down. That's what happens when you try to have an opinion on everything.

I think regardless of whether or not you like them or see them as sympathetic characters, one of the main takeaways for me was that this served as yet another reminder that the tabloid press are miles too powerful. They literally run everything. The biggest press titles in this country don't exist to keep the public informed or hold power to account. They exist solely and squarely to serve the private interests of the people that own them. They dictate public opinion and they decide who gets into power. And those in power don't do their bidding then they're gone too. It's thoroughly depressing and I just don't know how or why we got here. We'd be so much better off without them.

When the Sussexes decided quite early on that, in the age of social media, they didn't need to operate through the press, they always going to be in for an extremely tough ride. Again, like her as a person or not, theres no denying how absurd yet vitriolic the coverage about Meghan became and it's pretty obvious that for whatever reasons, the Royals didn't do anything to stop it.
Spot on.

The problem won't stop when murdoch or Dacre fuck off, they have created this monster and others will follow the blueprint. It would take a coordinated political, celebrity, sporting and royal unified response telling them to fuck off and refusing to engage with them.

Last edited:
You are pissing in the wind @kaz7

I doubt some of the posters actually watched the whole interview and just got their facts from the bullshit printed in the UK press.

I am so glad that I took the time to watch the full interview last night, for me personally i developed a completely different perspective rather than the sound bites on the news in the morning.

I have a much better understanding of Harry and Megan's position after taking the time to watch this.

For what it's worth the truth of what happened is likely to be somewhere in the middle ground and i just hope as a family they can put this behind them and build a positive relationship.

I personally think they have a lot to offer the Royal family and the door appears to still be slightly open, I hope they find a way to walk through it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.