The Harry and Meghan fuss

Do you have any idea how they are funding their lifestyle? i personally am neutral over the Royal family, good for pageantry and tourism but far too many of them.
Do you have any idea how I fund my lifestyle, because I have no idea how you fund yours

Because its nobodies fucking business but there own.

There is a load of palaver about them setting up a company to earn money, but you never hear William and Kate did exactly the same thing.

Do you have any idea how I fund my lifestyle, because I have no idea how you fund yours

Because its nobodies fucking business but there own.

There is a load of palaver about them setting up a company to earn money, but you never hear William and Kate did exactly the same thing.
You have a valid point but neither of us are in the public eye, well i’m certainly not.

This is so true

They wanted privacy from media intrusion into their private lives, not total privacy

Harry saw what the media did to his mum, can anyone really blame him for taking that stance, because I cant and the lad grew up without a mum because of the effects of media intrusion.

They wanted control over what the media had access to, which in my mind would have meant photos of them and there kids when they allowed it, not some fella with a long range lens peeping over fences trying to catch Meghan with her tits out or some grubby Fleet Street hack making up gossip because they had seen them go shopping in Lidl rather than Waitrose.

I have said many times I couldnt give a fuck about the institution that is the Monarchy and that it is archaic and its time we moved on from that particular form of governance, what that does not mean is that I don't have sympathy and a certain amount of empathy for the members of the Royal Family and all the shit they get from the media.

The fact of the matter is they all deserve better treatment from our fucking idiotic media and i also mean that Andrew should also get the treatment from the media that others of his ilk get, not sychophantic arse licking because of his status. They should be treated like me and you and everyone else in this country.

Maybe this whole affair will result in the media winding there necks in and stopping some of the dreadful abuse they dish out on spurious grounds to others too, like Raheem for instance. Vilified for fuck all by cunts.

I really do believe this country would be a much better place if media outlets like the Mail and the Sun went out of business and the likes of Murdoch was fucked off out of this country for good.

It’s a vicious circle, I bet the media have never had it so good when they create situations like this and the end result is polarising the country to a Team Meghan v a Team Royal Family situation.

They won’t change their ways - we just have to hope more people see through the bullying tactics media use, but unfortunately some really enjoy it and thrive on hate. Human nature at its worse.

It’s a vicious circle, I bet the media have never had it so good when they create situations like this and the end result is polarising the country to a Team Meghan v a Team Royal Family situation.

They won’t change their ways - we just have to hope more people see through the bullying tactics media use, but unfortunately some really enjoy it and thrive on hate. Human nature at its worse.
The media are basically professional trolls. Did you notice the way both No. 10 and the Whitehouse were asked for comment on the interview? I'd rather Biden and Boris told them to fuck off and concentrated on more important things, but alas they get trawled into the media game.

Nothing really explosive in the interview.

They were respectful of the actual family, but had major issues with those who control them, the senior staff who run the institution and of course the media.

Harry's comments were more insightful, especially about the aftermath of the successful South Pacific tour. He seemed to be suggesting that Meghan was becoming very popular and people within the institution didn't like it. They couldn't have another 'Diana' on their hands and have an outsider be bigger than the family and even worse she was an independent woman of colour who had her own ideas. Oprah should have pushed further on this (maybe she did but t was edited out)

They hinted that this symbiotic relationship the institution has with the press was at play and was to the benefit of both that articles, media personalities and royal correspondents were allowed to trash Meghan at every opportunity. They could have stopped it but didn't want to. They could have helped her, but didn't want to.

Their plan of stepping back and being minor Royals made sense, the decision to withdraw their security seems spiteful as they are clearly targets with more than likely an increased threat against them. The cost of employing their own private security will be astronomical so they need to make big $$$ somehow and good luck to them.

Clearly Meghan gave Harry a taste of actual freedom and a 'normal' life outside of what he described as being trapped....seems worse than Scientology.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Royal Family and we start to see over the next couple of decades it reduce then go quietly into the night never to be seen again.

They were respectful of the actual family, but had major issues with those who control them, the senior staff who run the institution and of course the media.

Harry's comments were more insightful, especially about the aftermath of the successful South Pacific tour. He seemed to be suggesting that Meghan was becoming very popular and people within the institution didn't like it. They couldn't have another 'Diana' on their hands and have an outsider be bigger than the family and even worse she was an independent woman of colour who had her own ideas. Oprah should have pushed further on this (maybe she did but t was edited out)

They hinted that this symbiotic relationship the institution has with the press was at play and was to the benefit of both that articles, media personalities and royal correspondents were allowed to trash Meghan at every opportunity. They could have stopped it but didn't want to. They could have helped her, but didn't want to.

Their plan of stepping back and being minor Royals made sense, the decision to withdraw their security seems spiteful as they are clearly targets with more than likely an increased threat against them. The cost of employing their own private security will be astronomical so they need to make big $$$ somehow and good luck to them.

Clearly Meghan gave Harry a taste of actual freedom and a 'normal' life outside of what he described as being trapped....seems worse than Scientology.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Royal Family and we start to see over the next couple of decades it reduce then go quietly into the night never to be seen again.
The best neutral review I've seen anywhere.

Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.