The Harry and Meghan fuss

With Harry being a patron of these mental health charities I would have thought it would have been fairly easy to get help for him and his wife even if he had to go behind the backs of the firm
Have you any idea how hard it is to get help for mental health issues.

Waits of 40 weeks just for referral are not uncommon, the mental health provision in this country was decimated under austerity.

There is also growing demand for services because of COVID and people being isolated, it is now so bad in Manchester it is at crisis level and the head of Mental health provision in Manchester is warning of waits of over a year if things are not changed quickly.

Waits of 40 weeks just for referral are not uncommon, the mental health provision in this country was decimated under austerity.

There is also growing demand for services because of COVID and people being isolated, it is now so bad in Manchester it is at crisis level and the head of Mental health provision in Manchester is warning of waits of over a year if things are not changed quickly.
If only they had the money to go private, she could've been seen pretty much straight away ;-)

You know how I have a fairly balanced view of all this but the one thing that stuck with me a little is the 'no help' claim. Like all things medical in this great country of ours, there is the NHS and there is 'private'. I would have thought it entirely possible for Harry or Meghan to arrange suitable help through the private route that anyone with an appropriate insurance policy or a bit of dosh can take. Of course maybe thats what happened and they just didn't feel it was appropriate to mention it.

You know how I have a fairly balanced view of all this but the one thing that stuck with me a little is the 'no help' claim. Like all things medical in this great country of ours, there is the NHS and there is 'private'. I would have thought it entirely possible for Harry or Meghan to arrange suitable help through the private route that anyone with an appropriate insurance policy or a bit of dosh can take. Of course maybe thats what happened and they just didn't feel it was appropriate to mention it.
Wasn't she inferring that she had tried to do that but was told it wouldn't be a good look? I could have remembered it wrong but I thought she was hinting that she'd arranged to go away to get some help but was stopped.

The couple could be suffering from long term mental health issues, Piers Morgan has gone which has helped mine otherwise its a mess.

And I thought it was us Lefties who did envy
Those of us with a slightly different political persuasion, who have
£75 grand a week guaranteed, £11 million quid on the arse, plus another
couple of million a year from Daddykins, don't tend whinge for state benefits, which is essentially what happened.

Wasn't she inferring that she had tried to do that but was told it wouldn't be a good look? I could have remembered it wrong but I thought she was hinting that she'd arranged to go away to get some help but was stopped.
Maybe mate. My recollection was that she said she had asked for help from Senior civil servants in the Palace and then had gone to HR and they had failed to help her. Anyway, not knowing the full circumstances its probably wrong of me to comment further.

I am not privy to what help is available in the private sector, but i wouldn't have thought Meghan being admitted to a Priory Clinic or something like that would have been a great look. The media would have had a field day and it takes no great leap of faith to think they would have turned what was a mental health issue into drug and alcohol dependency issue. Wasn't Diana hounded over Bulimia or am i getting her mixed up with somebody else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.