The Harry and Meghan fuss

I have watched all his interviews since he was a kid , bet nobody else on here has
No I bet you're 100% correct there. Whilst you're entitled to your opinion about this situation, so are other posters who might not agree with yours as we can all see you are of a view that will never be persuaded otherwise and sit firmly in one camp

Good post and is exactly where I am towards her, just something which I can’t put my finger on that i just can’t take to her. This has got me thinking though, and me and my girlfriend were discussing this last night, when does being rude, like the press were to her, stop being rude and become racist? If there are no actual racist words used or even hinted at where is the line between them both?

Tricky question I guess and an absolute minefield.
She's the royal equivalent of raheem sterling. The press know exactly what they are doing, they will simply report the same thing as with someone else, but with a negative angle. They'll make sure never to go overtly racist as they instantly lose if they do, but they know what a certain audience wants and will happily feed them. Its not them being racist, as such, just picking on someone knowing its what the large, racist element of their readers want.

No I bet you're 100% correct there. Whilst you're entitled to your opinion about this situation, so are other posters who might not agree with yours as we can all see you are of a view that will never be persuaded otherwise and sit firmly in one camp
Yes , the non racist , empathetic for other people camp, backed up with actual knowledge of the subject , sorry

Fair enough. But to my original point, you seem to have skipped over the part where I mention the usual suspects.

From what I've seen on here, you're a perceptive chap. You surely must have noticed the familiar group of posters on any thread that raises issues of race, sex, gender, immigration, political correctness etc, air their (I'll be polite here) 'interesting' views on said topics.

Seems pretty binary to me.
Yes, but you appeared (to me) to be grouping me in with those 'usual suspects'. You certainly didn't caveat your post accordingly. On that basis, I felt compelled to defend myself.

I couldn't care less how she identifies,i was only stating that up until she arrived on the scene and it became public knowledge that she was part black,i had no idea.

Initially,i also thought Harry had done very well for himself.
It's not really anything to do with how she identifies. She doesn't get to make that choice. Google the 'one drop rule'. Its echos are still societally prevalant today.

My wife is a Black American of mixed ethnicity (white mum, black dad). She's told me many stories from her childhood of being made to feel 'out of place'.

I imagine Meghan has been through similar. Completely unsurprising she might feel a little sensitive about how she's been treated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.