The Harry and Meghan fuss

200w.gif
I stopped watching when that girl who liked a pint and was married to Des got run over.
Never watched it since, it got ridiculous. ;-)

I didn’t know she was of mixed race descent until not long ago.
That said, they have hardly made it a quiet life for themselves have they?

One interview with Oprah and …. Erm. What else ? Harry did a interview for some podcast. What else are they bombarding us with ?

Maybe it feels like they are in our face everywhere because the likes of Piers Morgan, GB News and the Daily Mail are constantly making up shite about them and absolutely obsessed

Last edited:
The gran has and she’s got loads of Diana mugs etc. She loves it. I reckon you’d find your fill of family related drama right there.
Never had a commemorative royal mug in my life!!!! (Shudders).

I'm sure your Gran enjoys it, just not my cup of tea thanks.

I'm going to address your implication of my avoidance of calling out the press shit first if that is ok?
My mum's cousin married an African immigrant back in the early 60s. Before that they were chosen to go on a popular televised dance show (might have been Ready Steady Go but I'm not sure) as part of the dancing audience, because they had been spotted in a local dance and were very good. The neighbours of our family talked about our cousin for weeks after seeing it------"she was with a BLACK man!!!!"
Then they had a daughter (Miriam) and I used to stay at their house in Cleveleys during the summer, because it was near a beach. Miriam was probably my closest cousin at that time as we both knew how it felt to be "outsiders." I won't go into it here why I felt like an outsider.
Her skin colour never even registered with me, she was just Miriam.
Please don't imply I am a racist.

The British press is vile, always has been. From Fergie as "Duchess of Pork" to Diana's bulimia, Princess Michael of Kent's very dodgy Nazi father and also Kate and Sophie's working class origins.
I would have thought it was a given that anyone posting on here would abhor shit like that. It's ridiculous and pathetic, as it was with Meghan.

I was delighted watching Harry's wedding. In fact there was a thread on here that day where I said as such, many times. It felt like a positive turning point.

As for now (and, after all, this is the thread named Harry and Meghan Fuss rather than Racist Media attacks Meghan) I THINK he looks miserable. I didn't say he was, just that his demeanour implied it. As did the other poster give an opinion saying he thought he looked happier than ever.

I'll admit I am no longer warming towards Meghan. Mainly because something has set that lad off and he is unravelling.
Caveat......in my opinion.
And that's why I don't like what I see.

Couldn't really give a shite if they stay married or not. All I want is for Harry to be happy.
No idea why you thought I was suggesting you’re a racist. I was just pointing out that you’ve got a huge downer on Meghan for some reason. As have plenty of others in this country, many of whom are basically told who to like and who not to like by the gutter press.

Don’t see it as a race issue. All royals get a hard time.
I didn’t know she was of mixed race descent until not long ago.
That said, they have hardly made it a quiet life for themselves have they?
You only have to look at the Daily Mail’s stark difference in the reporting of Meghan and Kate holding their baby bumps to see that there is an underlying agenda in some of the negative stories about Meghan. Sterling called this shit out a couple of years ago when the same newspaper pulled the same stunt over the difference in the reporting of Foden and Tosin each buying a house. Anyone who thinks there’s nothing sinister going on needs to wake up.

No idea why you thought I was suggesting you’re a racist. I was just pointing out that you’ve got a huge downer on Meghan for some reason. As have plenty of others in this country, many of whom are basically told who to like and who not to like by the gutter press.
Whether you meant it or not the implication was there.
I haven't read the gutter press in two decades, probably more. You seem more up to date with them than I am.
If I have a downer on Meghan then it's because (wait for it) I THINK Harry looks miserable and all over the place. I THINK he has changed, for the worse, since he met her.
Please allow me an opinion, without accusations (or implications) of either not liking her because I agreed with racist shite or because I am told who to like by a gutter press that I don't even look at.

Whether you meant it or not the implication was there.
I haven't read the gutter press in two decades, probably more. You seem more up to date with them than I am.
If I have a downer on Meghan then it's because (wait for it) I THINK Harry looks miserable and all over the place. I THINK he has changed, for the worse, since he met her.
Please allow me an opinion, without accusations (or implications) of either not liking her because I agreed with racist shite or because I am told who to like by a gutter press that I don't even look at.
How much more miserable does he look now compared to 5, 10, or 20 years ago?
In what way has he “changed for the worse” since he met Meghan? Is it because he’s dared to speak out against some of the more unpalatable aspects of the Royal Family and instead should’ve shut the fuck up and sucked it up? Even if it was affecting him mentally?

The fact that he and his wife have been on the receiving end of a more sustained attack from press and public than Prince Andrew was shows how fucked up this country is at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.