The Harry and Meghan fuss

Money well spent I don’t mind paying we give security to the most important people, Prince Harry is one of them his mother had security withdrawn and look what happened to her.
Even more so for Harry as an ex soldier In Afghanistan his card will be marked by anyone looking for an easy target.
Even criminals, MPs and witness get ptotection

Money well spent I don’t mind paying we give security to the most important people, Prince Harry is one of them his mother had security withdrawn and look what happened to her.
Even more so for Harry as an ex soldier In Afghanistan his card will be marked by anyone looking for an easy target.
Even criminals, MPs and witness get ptotection
It’s not a case of how important he is or whether he’s in the royal family.
As you say anyone at risk, including pedos, murderers etc, will get protection commensurate with that risk and the government trying to score points with the Mail and Express by withdrawing it is shameful.

I know I should stay away from social media but my god, the constant hatred and vitriol towards these two is off the scale

Likes of GB News, Mail and other right wing platforms absolutely obsessed in criticising and silencing them

Harry is in Germany promoting the Invictus Games for the disabled and disadvantaged - Yet he is getting constant hate and abuse from the right wing trolls.

I wish it didn’t bother me seen as I don’t really care about Harry or Meghan, but seeing a couple of people I personally know so easily swayed and constantly spouting their hatred online about them constantly does bother me, sigh, rant over

Sorry I'm posting this here as having a separate thread to debate the need for a monarchy assuming this isn't pulled too. BM shouldn't be an echo chamber and we should at least tolerate differences of opinion.

This is entirely the right time to start a genuine debate on the monarchy.

QEII was a great head of state and a touchstone for the entirety of my life. She represented UK well and was held in I think universal high regard. We'll literally never have anyone like her.

I really don't want a President Blair or Johnson god forbid. But equally look at the size of the royal family. The Queen, Charles, Anne and William do fulfill many engagements, do charity work. What about all the others? Also it incenses me that they wish to add Mountbatten to their name, will's youngest is named after him. Read what Mountbatten did during Partition he was and always will be a cowardly dishonest piece of shit with plenty of blood on his hands. My grandfathers fought in Burma for the empire. They didn't have their own country to go back to and legacy of Mountbatten is poisonous to this day.

Sorry for the rant but some things can't be forgotten. What about the utter corruption of the honours system? Saville, Smith, Johnson and the cronies he's created, not great adverts. At work we can nominate people for honours, surprisingly it's the good and great at the top of the organisation who get peerages.

It's wrong, the monarchy should be scaled back with the intention of being eventually abolished. Do we need a ceremonial head of state or a properly elected democratic leader, through proportional representation.

Sorry I'm posting this here as having a separate thread to debate the need for a monarchy assuming this isn't pulled too. BM shouldn't be an echo chamber and we should at least tolerate differences of opinion.

QEII was a great head of state and a touchstone for the entirety of my life. She represented UK well and was held in I think universal high regard. We'll literally never have anyone like her.

I really don't want a President Blair or Johnson god forbid. But equally look at the size of the royal family. The Queen, Charles, Anne and William do fulfill many engagements, do charity work. What about all the others? Also it incenses me that they wish to add Mountbatten to their name, will's youngest is named after him. Read what Mountbatten did during Partition he was and always will be a cowardly dishonest piece of shit with plenty of blood on his hands. My grandfathers fought in Burma for the empire. They didn't have their own country to go back to and legacy of Mountbatten is poisonous to this day.

Sorry for the rant but some things can't be forgotten. What about the utter corruption of the honours system? Saville, Smith, Johnson and the cronies he's created, not great adverts. At work we can nominate people for honours, surprisingly it's the good and great at the top of the organisation who get peerages.

It's wrong, the monarchy should be scaled back with the intention of being eventually abolished. Do we need a ceremonial head of state or a properly elected democratic leader, through proportional representation.
The reason it was pulled is because she’s died today for crying out loud.

You’ll get a long time to post your political opinions about the monarchy, why can’t you wait ???

It really doesn’t matter if you’re left, centre or right wing today, she’s had all three leading the country in her time and questioned all of them equally.

I’ve said for a while there are loads of people who have let internet politics turn them to hatred and today has shown the worst of it.

Seems a bit OTT to have pulled the thread. Given this was going to come up sooner rather than later, best to have a separate thread discussing it.

They'll be many people across the commonwealth (and in the UK) having a discussion about this very thing. Already in my office here in NZ, people have been discussing if this is the time to become a republic. None of the people who support the monarchy have clutched their pearls about it, other than right wing commentators displaying their fake grief.

Seems a bit OTT to have pulled the thread. Given this was going to come up sooner rather than later, best to have a separate thread discussing it.

They'll be many people across the commonwealth (and in the UK) having a discussion about this very thing. Already in my office here in NZ, people have been discussing if this is the time to become a republic. None of the people who support the monarchy have clutched their pearls about it, other than right wing commentators displaying their fake grief.
No offence but I’ve seen your posts and you’re biased on this.

It’s the same day, that’s why it was pulled.

Next week, knock yourselves out and I’ll tell you why you’re wrong to get rid of the monarchy but right now, TODAY, chill out will you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.